Printing On An iOS Device
Please note: The majority of the following screenshots have been taken using an iPhone running iOS7. The layout may differ very slightly from your display depending on your device and the version of iOS you have installed, however the functionality will be the same.
- Check that your Canon PIXMA printer is turned on and connected to the same wireless network (sometimes referred to as WLAN) as your Apple device.
Please view our PIXMA wireless connection setup guides for assistance in connecting your PIXMA printer.
- From an app on your device, tap either [ , or ] (depending the version of iOS you have installed) to display the menu options, and then tap the [Print] icon.
- From [Printer Options] select the PIXMA model that you are using.
Please note: Ensure that you are within range of your printer. All AirPrint-enabled printers within range will be displayed.
- Select the number of copies required, switch on double sided printing if needed and then when ready tap [Print] to start printing.
Some apps do not support AirPrint and printer options may not be displayed. If an app does not let you access the printer options, you cannot print from that app.
Printer options can differ depending on the app and printer you are using. Normally, when you tap print and select a model name, the displayed printer options will include up to the following four options:
- Printer: Select a model that can be used on your wireless network or WLAN
- Copies: Select the number of print copies
- Double-sided Printing: If the model supports double-sided printing, you can select On or Off
- Range: The page range can be used only with specific apps and file types (such as PDF files)
With AirPrint, the paper size is selected automatically according to the app being used on the Apple device and the region in which AirPrint is used.
When Apple's photo app is used, the default paper size 4"x6" or KG.
When documents are printed from Apple's Safari browser, the default paper size in Europe is A4.
Your app may support different paper sizes
If you are experiencing issues with your PIXMA printer when using Apple AirPrint please contact us for assistance.