The environment necessary for the wireless connection
Before connecting this printer to the network, confirm the following two items, (A) and (B).
(A) Access point or router (supporting IEEE802.11b/g/n)
An access point or router is a relay device which connects not only the Internet and network devices such as a computer or printer, but also one network device to another.
So, your access point or router must be properly set before you go to the next setup step.
(B) The computer to be used with the printer must be connected to the network.
In order to confirm whether the computer to be used with the printer is connected to the network, try to browse the Internet website from the computer.
- If you do not know how to set up the router / access point or the Internet, please refer to:
- Regarding the setup method and the functions of the access point or the router, refer to the instruction manual for the access point or the router you are using, or contact each manufacturer.
- Regarding the setup method of the computer, refer to the instruction manual for the computer you are using, or contact its manufacturer.
The procedures for the wireless connection
In order to use the printer in a wireless connection, follow the procedures below.
1. Select the wireless setup method.
To use the printer in a wireless connection, select the wireless setup method you prefer.
2. Perform the wireless setting from the operation panel.
Perform the setting based on the setup method you selected in the step 1 using the operation panel.
3. Install the software.
Install the software into the computer used with the printer.
4. Perform the test printing.
Try wireless printing to confirm whether the wireless setup has been performed properly.