If you cannot receive faxes, check the following.
Is the telephone cable connected properly?
Make sure the cable is connected properly.
Is the machine set to receive automatically?
Make sure that the <Reception Mode Selection> in <RX Settings> is set to <Fax/Tel Auto Switch>, <Auto RX>, or <Answer Mode>. If you have set <Answer Mode>, confirm that an answering machine is connected to the machine and that it is turned on with an outgoing message properly recorded. See "Selecting the Receive Mode that Suits Your Needs
Are documents stored in memory, leaving little or no memory available?
Print, send, or delete any documents stored in memory. For instructions on how to check or delete jobs stored in memory, see "Checking and Deleting Documents in Memory
If <Memory Lock Settings> in <Communications Settings> in <System Management Set.> of the <Additional Func.> menu is set to <On>, follow the procedures below to output the documents in memory.
1. Press (Main Menu).
2. Press the right Any key to select <Additional Func.>.
3. Use [ ] , [ ] or (Scroll Wheel) to select <System Management Set.>, then press [OK].
If the screen appears prompting you to enter the System Manager ID and System Password, enter the System Manager ID and System Password using - (numeric keys), then press (Log In/Out).
4. Use [ ] , [ ] or (Scroll Wheel) to select <Communications Settings>, then press [OK].
5. Use [ ] , [ ] or (Scroll Wheel) to select <Memory Lock Settings>, then press [OK].
If the Memory Lock Password has been set, enter the Memory Lock Password using - (numeric keys), then press [OK].
6. Use [ ] , [ ] or (Scroll Wheel) to select <Off>, then press [OK].
The received documents are printed.
7. Press (Main Menu) to return to the Main Menu screen.