Using the supplied [ImageBrowser EX] software, you can change the size or format of movies before saving them.
- The operations described here assume that the ImageBrowser EX software from the supplied CD (DIGITAL CAMERA Solution Disk) has been installed, and has been updated over the Internet.
- If there is no [ImageBrowser EX] on the supplied CD, you can download and install the [ImageBrowser EX] updater from the downloads section of the Canon Web site. Please note that you will need to have your camera ready when you do the installation.
- In this section, Windows 7 is used as an example. Depending on the operating system you are using, on-screen displays and operations may differ slightly.
- Movies you edit this way cannot be returned to the camera.
- Playback of some scenes may not be smooth if you change the frame rate after movie editing.
- Saving movies may take some time. In particular, saving movies in MOV format may take a long time. Note that the time required may vary greatly depending on computer performance and movie size (resolution).
Supported Movie Length
If [MOV(H.264)] is selected in [Save image type], the maximum supported lengths of movies you can save are shown in the table below. A message will be displayed if you attempt to save a movie longer than this. In this case, trim the movie or reduce the size (resolution).
|Size (Resolution)||Max. Length (MOV)|
25 fps/29.97 fps*
|50 fps/59.94 fps*|
|1920 x 1080||Less than 10 min.||-|
|1280 x 720||Less than 20 min.||Less than 10 min.|
|640 x 480||Less than 30 min.||Less than 20 min.|
|320 x 240||Less than 60 min.||-|
* On cameras, 23.976 fps is indicated as 24 fps, 29.97 fps as 30 fps, and 59.94 fps as 60 fps.
1. Double-click the [ImageBrowser EX] shortcut icon on your desktop to start [ImageBrowser EX].
If you cannot find the [ImageBrowser EX] shortcut icon on your desktop, click [Start] () > [All Programs] or [Programs] > [Canon Utilities] > [ImageBrowser EX] and select [ImageBrowser EX] to start [ImageBrowser EX].
On a Mac, click the [ImageBrowser EX] icon on the [Dock]. If no [ImageBrowser EX] icon is found on the [Dock], click [Go] on the menu bar, select [Applications], and then open [Canon Utility] > [ImageBrowser EX], and then select and start [ImageBrowser EX].
2. Select the files for which you want to change the file format or size.
3. Click [Edit] and choose [Edit Movies].
4. The following screen appears. Click [Save].
5. Enter a file name for the movie to be saved.
Set the destination folder. To change the location where the file is saved, click [Browse].
6. In [Save image type], select [Specify a save image type]. Select the format to save the movie in. Click [Advanced Settings].
7. The [Advanced Settings] screen will appear. Set the [Image Size], [Frame Rate], and [Audio].
8. Click [Save] to save the editing results.
9. If the following window appears, click [OK].
10. Once the movie has been saved, click [OK].
This completes the procedure for changing the size or format of images.