This section describes how to install the software applications on your computer.
- Using the software auto update function, you can update to the latest version and download new functions via the Internet (some software excluded), so be sure to install the software on a computer with an Internet connection.
- Internet access is required to use this function, and any ISP account charges and access fees must be paid separately.
- In this section, Windows 7 is used as an example to explain the operation. If you are using Windows Vista, Windows XP or Mac OS X, the on-screen displays and procedures may slightly differ.
- When installing / uninstalling the software, please log on to the computer as an Administrator.
- Some of the images that appear on this page contain a specific camera model name, however the actual model name varies depending on the camera used.
1. Quit any software that is running.
2. Place the [DIGITAL CAMERA Solution Disk] CD-ROM supplied with your printer into the computer.
3. Click [Run SETUP.EXE] when the following window appears.
If the window above does not appear, click [Start] () > [Computer] or [My Computer] > [CanonDCxxxW] in this order, and double-click [setup].
- On a Macintosh computer, after inserting the disc, double-click the desktop disc icon to open it, and then double-click the [ ] icon displayed.
4. Select the area in which you live.
5. Select the country where you live, and then click [Next].
6. Select Your language.
7. The following screen will appear.
Click [Easy Installation] to automatically install all the software applications.
[Custom Installation] to select the software applications that you want to install.
8. The following screen will appear. Click [OK].
If you selected [Custom Installation] in Step4, the following screen will appear after Step5.
The selected (
) software applications will be installed. (Deselect the checkbox (
) of the software applications that you do not wish to install.)
After confirming that you have selected all the software applications for installation, click
[Next] and then proceed with the installation.
9. The following screen will appear. Click [Install].
10. The following screen will appear. Click [Yes] after reading the content carefully.
11. The following screen will appear. Click [Yes] after reading the content carefully.
12. When a message is displayed prompting you to connect the camera, connect it to a computer.
To do the installation without connecting the camera,
select the [Install without connecting the device] check box (
), and then
click [Next]. When the next screen appears, click [OK] and proceed to step 10.
12-1. Connect the camera to the computer with the supplied interface cable.
* In this illustration, [PowerShot S2300] is used as an example to explain the operation. The positions of buttons and shape of the model may be different depending on the model you are using.
12-2. Turn the camera on.
12-3. Click [Next].
13. If the following window appears, click [Yes].
14. The following screen appears, and installation starts.
- During the installation, the following screen may appear. After reading the content thoroughly, click [Install now]. Proceed with the installation by following the on-screen instructions for the required operations.
- If you are using Windows XP, the following window may appear during installation. Click [Yes] after having read the details thoroughly.
15. The following screen will appear. Click [Next].
16. The following screen will appear. If you want to register later, select [No, I will register later.], and then click [Next].
17. The following screen will appear. Click [OK].
18. The following screen will appear. Click [Finish], remove the Solution Disk from the CD-ROM drive to conclude the installation.
If there is no need to restart the computer, the [Restart] screen will display. Click [Restart] to restart the computer and complete the installation.