If the camera is not recognized correctly in a Windows 7 environment due to some unknown causes, follow the procedures below to delete the camera's device driver, and then reinstall it.
- In this section, [PowerShot A3100 IS] is used as an example to explain the operations. Depending on your model, the position of buttons, screen indications, and setting items may vary.
1. Connect the [DIGITAL Terminal] to the PC's USB terminal by using the [Interface Cable] that came with your camera.
Camera's [DIGITAL Terminal]
PC's USB terminal
2. Press the <Power> button on the camera.
3. Click [Start] (), right-click [Computer], click [Properties], and then click [Device Manager].
4. The following window appears.
Double-click [Other devices] or [Portable Devices].
- If [Other devices] or [Portable Devices] is not displayed, there may be other causes.
5. The following window appears.
Select the model name of your camera, or select [Canon Camera], and then click the [Uninstall] () button in the upper section of the screen.
- If the model name of your camera or [Canon Camera] is not displayed, there may be other causes.
6. The following window appears.
7. Click the [Scan for hardware changes] () button.
8. A new device driver is now installed.