You can change the recording pixels for images depending on the intended use.
If you want to send images as e-mail attachments, select a smaller recording pixel value. If you want to print images on paper, select an appropriate recording pixel value depending on the paper size.
Select the recording pixel value by referring to the following chart.
- If you capture images with a large recording pixel value, you can record high-resolution images. However, because the data size becomes larger, the number of images recordable on a memory card becomes smaller.
- [Small] () Suitable for sending images as e-mail attachments.
- [Widescreen] () For printing on wide size paper.*
- The image above shows the approximate paper size when the aspect ratio of the image is [4:3].*
* See the table below to check whether wide-screen is supported and that aspect ratios can be changed on your camera model.