This page explains how to take up the slack of the ink sheet (in the ink cassette). If there is slack in the ink sheet, the printer will not be able to print properly.
1. If any paper remains in the printer, remove it.
2. Remove the ink cassette from the printer, and then take up the slack.
Push in on the sprocket, and turn it gently in the indicated direction to take up the slack until the ink sheet straightens out. (Please note that it will not be possible to print on all of the paper if you wind the ink sheet too far.)
3. After taking up the slack, return the ink cassette to the printer.
4. Turn off the printer once, and then turn it back on.
Disconnect the compact power adapter from the DC-IN terminal on the printer, and then reconnect it.
5. Please make sure that the printer's indicator lights are green.
This completes the process of taking up the slack in the ink sheet.