Items to Preparea
The following items are needed to print on DVD/CDs:
* "E" is on the upper side.
Needed only when printing on 8 cm DVD/CDs.
Attached to the CD-R Tray when shipped.
Obtain a 12 cm or 8 cm DVD/CD with a label surface compatible with inkjet printing.
A "printable disc" differs from regular DVD/CDs in that its label surface has been specially processed to be printed on by an inkjet printer.
Attaching/Removing the CD-R Tray
- Attaching the CD-R Tray
1. Gently press the mark on the Front Tray to open the Front Tray (A), then open the Inner Cover (B).
The Inner Cover does not open when the Front Tray is set in the Front paper feeding position. Return the Front Tray to the normal printing position before opening the Inner Cover.
2. Place the DVD/CD on the CD-R Tray.
- Make sure that there is no dirt on the CD-R Tray before placing a DVD/CD on the CD-R Tray.
- When placing a DVD/CD on the CD-R Tray, do not touch the printing surface of the disc or the reflectors (C) on the CD-R Tray.
- When printing on an 8 cm DVD/CD, attach the supplied 8 cm CD-R Adapter. If you do not, print quality will be reduced and the disc may become damaged.
Place the disc on the CD-R Tray with the printable surface facing up.
Do not touch the reflectors (C).
(1)Align the protrusions on both edge of the 8 cm CD-R Adapter with indentations on the CD-R Tray.
(2)Place the 8 cm disc on the CD-R Tray with the printing surface facing up.
3. Attach the CD-R Tray to the printer.
Do not attach the CD-R Tray while the printer is in operation (Power lamp is blinking).
- The printer may eject the CD-R Tray while it is preparing for printing. In this case, wait until the Power lamp stops blinking and stays lit, then follow the on-screen instructions to attach the CD-R Tray again.
4. Insert the CD-R Tray straight until the arrow () on the Inner Cover is almost aligned with the arrow () on the CD-R Tray.
(D) Keep the CD-R Tray level when inserting it.
(E) Align the arrow () on the CD-R Tray with the arrow () on the Inner Cover.
Do not insert the CD-R Tray beyond the arrow (
) on the Inner Cover.
- Removing the CD-R Tray
1. Pull out the CD-R Tray.
2. Close the Inner Cover.
If the Inner Cover is opened, you cannot print on paper as it will not feed properly. Make sure that the Inner Cover is closed.
3. Remove the DVD/CD from the CD-R Tray.
Do not touch the printing surface when removing the disc from the CD-R Tray.
Dry the printing surface sufficiently before removing the disc. If you see printing on the CD-R Tray or the transparent parts on inner or outer diameter of DVD/CD, wipe them off after the printing surface has dried.
1. Remove the disc from the CD-R Tray.
1. Remove the 8 cm CD-R Adapter from the CD-R Tray.
2. Remove the 8 cm disc from the CD-R Tray.
You can keep the CD-R Tray in the Storage Compartment located at the center of the bottom of printer.
Insert the CD-R Tray straight.
The CD-R Tray cannot be used if it becomes warped. Be sure to keep the CD-R Tray on a flat place.
Cautions When Printing on DVD/CDs
- Be sure to use the CD-R Tray supplied with this printer. It has an "E" on the upper side.
- Do not print on DVD/CDs that are not compatible with ink-jet printing. The ink will not dry and may cause problems with the disc itself or devices which the disc is loaded onto.
- Do not print on the DVD/CDs' recording surface. Doing so will make data recorded on DVD/CDs unreadable.
- Hold DVD/CDs by their edges. Do not touch either the label surface (printing surface) or recording surface.
- Remove any dirt from the CD-R Tray before placing DVD/CDs on the CD-R Tray. Loading discs in a dirty CD-R Tray may scratch the recording surface of the discs.
- After printing, allow the printing surface of the disc to dry naturally. Do not use hairdryers or expose the disc to direct sunlight to dry the ink. Do not touch the printing surface until the ink has dried.
- Do not attach the CD-R Tray while the printer is in operation.
- Do not remove the CD-R Tray while printing on DVD/CDs. Doing so may damage the printer, the CD-R Tray, or the disc.
- Do not get dirt or scratches on the reflectors of the CD-R Tray. The printer may not be able to recognize loading of the DVD/CD, or printing may become misaligned. If the reflectors on the CD-R Tray become dirty, wipe the reflector clean with a soft, dry cloth, taking care not to scratch the plate.
- The CD-R Tray may become dirty if software other than CD-LabelPrint or Easy-PhotoPrint EX is used.
- Always use the supplied 8 cm CD-R Adapter when printing on 8 cm DVD/CDs.
- Always close the Inner Cover after printing on DVD/CDs.
Printing on the Label Side of DVD/CDs
The CD-R Tray (supplied) allows the printing of images on printable DVD/CDs.
CD-LabelPrint is bundled application software that allows you to edit and modify data before printing. Install it on your computer to use it.
We recommend that you test print on an unneeded printable DVD/CD first.
Printing with CD-LabelPrint from the Computer
- CD-LabelPrint is bundled application software that allows you to edit and modify data before printing. Install it on your computer to use it. For information on how to install this software, refer to your setup manual.
- For details on how to print with CD-LabelPrint, refer to its manual.
If you are using a Windows computer, click Start > All Programs (or Programs in Windows 2000) > CD-LabelPrint > Manual.
If you are using a Macintosh, open the Applications folder in the location where the MP Drivers have been installed > CD-LabelPrint folder > Manual folder > double-click Manual.htm.