You can delete the ScanGear (scanner driver) you no longer use.
When deleting ScanGear, close all running applications and remove the USB cable connecting the machine and computer.
1. Start Scanner Driver Uninstaller.
From the Start menu, select All Programs > CanoScan (model name) > Scanner Driver Uninstaller.
- In Windows 7 and Windows Vista, a confirmation or warning dialog box may appear while installing, uninstalling or starting software. This dialog box appears when administrative rights are required to perform a task. If you are logged on to an administrator account, click Yes (Continue or Allow in Windows Vista) to continue. Some applications require administrator account to continue. If you are logged on to a standard account, switch to an administrator account and start over.
2. Delete ScanGear.
When the Scanner Driver Uninstaller dialog box opens, click Execute.
When a confirmation appears, click Yes.
3. Complete uninstallation.
When all files are deleted, click Complete.
ScanGear is deleted.
1. Delete ScanGear.
From the Go menu of Finder, select Computer.
On the hard disk on which the ScanGear is installed, browse to Library folder, Image Capture folder, TWAIN Data Sources folder, then drag and drop the CanoScan (model name).ds into the trash can.
2. Restart the computer.
Empty the trash can and restart the computer.
ScanGear is deleted.
IMPORTANTDeleting the Unnecessary ScanGear (Scanner Driver)
- ScanGear cannot be deleted if you are not logged in as a user with administrator privileges. For more about administrator privileges, refer to the Macintosh User's Guide.
- Do NOT connect the scanner to a computer before installing the software. If you connect the scanner, unplug the USB cable from the computer. When the Found New Hardware screen appears, unplug the USB cable from the computer and click Cancel. The screen may close automatically when the USB cable is unplugged.
- Quit all running applications before installation.
- For Windows: Uninstall software bundled with the Canon scanner before upgrading from Windows Vista to Windows 7, then, install the bundled software again.
- For Macintosh: After upgrading from Mac OS X v.10.5 or lower to Mac OS X v.10.6, install software bundled with the Canon scanner.
- Log in as an administrator to install the software.
- Do not switch users during the installation process.
1. Place the Setup CD-ROM in the drive.
For Macintosh: Double-click the Setup icon. Enter the administrator ID and password on the authentication dialog box.
For Windows XP and Macintosh, skip step 2 and go to step 3.
2. For Windows 7/Windows Vista, when the AutoPlay dialog box appears, run the setup program, and then click Yes or Continue to proceed when the User Account Control dialog box appears.
3. If prompted, select your language and place of residence, and then click Next.
In some countries, these dialog boxes will not appear.
4. Click Easy Install on the main menu .
5. Click Install to start installation.
Carefully read the License Agreement, and then click Yes to proceed.
For Macintosh, skip step 6 and go to step 7.
6. For Windows, carefully read the Please Allow All Install Wizard Processes screen, and then click Next.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions to perform the installation.
8. When the Extended Survey Program screen appears, confirm it.
If you can agree, click Agree.
9. When the installation is complete, follow the on-screen instructions.
For Windows: Click Exit.
For Macintosh: Click Exit. If you click OK on the Canon Solution Menu EX dialog box, Solution Menu EX will appear.
<Solution Menu EX>
For Windows: When you start up your computer next time, Solution Menu EX will appear automatically. When you restart your computer, perform the operation of "Preparing the Scanner" in advance.
If only Help & Settings menu is displayed in Solution Menu EX, connect the scanner to your computer and wait a while, and then refer to the Solution Menu EX online help and set up the scanner.
For Macintosh: If the Canon Solution Menu EX icon is not found in the Dock, you can start Solution Menu EX from "About Solution Menu EX" in "On-Screen Manual". To add the Canon Solution Menu EX icon to the Dock, refer to the Solution Menu EX online help.Installing the software from CanoScan setup CD-ROM