Canon (UK) Ltd Warranty Terms and Conditions (Excluding Multi Media LCD Projectors)
This warranty is offered to Consumers who have purchased their Canon products within the United Kingdom. It is in addition to, and does not affect your rights under, the Canon European Warranty System or your statutory rights.
Any product returned for repair must be accompanied by a contact name, address and daytime telephone number. If this information is not provided, Canon will be unable to return your product to you and reserves the right to dispose of your product three months after receipt.
It is in your best interests to make a note of your product's serial number and this should be quoted in any communications with Canon.
Please note that Canon will endeavour to ensure the safety of your products whilst in its possession. However, whilst every effort will be made to return your product (and any film, tape, or other recordable media or accessory) Canon cannot accept any liability, nor pay any compensation for loss of a particular film or tape or other recordable media included. You should retain any recordable media or accessory not required for the repair. Further, any customer specific settings or memory may be lost during the course of repair.
1. Canon (We, Our, Us) warrants this Product (excluding accessories,
software, consumables such as, but not limited to, toner, ink sheets, paper and other consumables defined by Us) to be in good working order during the period of warranty. The period of warranty is the period stated on your warranty card and commences on the date of original purchase of the new Product. In the event that the Product is not in good working order Canon will provide, during the warranty period, a free service. The warranty is subject to proof of purchase being provided; therefore you should retain your original receipt.
2. The service consists of (at Canon's discretion) either repair or replacement Products that will be provided on an exchange basis and will either be new, equivalent to new or re-conditioned. All replaced spare parts and Products shall become the property of Canon.
3. Canon will provide service on either an "on site" or "return to base" basis within the UK. Where we provide service "on site" an engineer will visit the location address you have given us.
4. You must inform us in writing if you change your address. Where we provide service on a "return to base" basis, any costs of secure transportation of the product to and from the Canon service centre will be borne by the customer.
5. Canon's only obligation under this warranty is the provision of the service as set out above.
6. Services cannot be provided on site: (a) on a bank or public holiday; (b) on a Saturday or Sunday; (c) before 9am or after 5pm Monday to Friday or other working hours agreed by Us in writing.
7. Unless agreed in writing, the Warranty will not apply: (a) because you have not used, stored or handled the Product properly; or because you are in breach of the terms of this warranty or the Contract terms, or have not followed Our instructions in the product manual, or those of the manufacturer; or because of damage or defect due to willful neglect or negligence by anyone other than Us; (b) to loss of quality, degradation of performance or actual damage that results from the use of spare parts or other replaceable items (such as consumables) that are neither made nor recommended by Canon; (c) to a loss of quality, degradation of performance or damage that results from the installation of, damage to, or modification to the Product and/or Software by someone else other than Our representatives or because of damage that results from changes required by you or a Third Party; (d) to damage that results from your connection of other fittings or accessories to the Product which We have not approved or your connection of other equipment or software not approved by Us; (e) because of external causes outside Our control which shall include accident, fire disaster or burglary; (f) because of faults caused by shock or fall, sand, dust, dirt, damp or corrosion, leaky batteries, repair or cleaning by unauthorised personnel; (g) because of any malfunction or specific requirement of any other item of hardware, or software which you have linked to the Product in respect of items not included in the Contract; (h) to correct errors in any non-Canon proprietary software or other software not provided by Us; (i) because data is lost or damaged; (j) to damage caused by your attachment of the Product to a network not approved by Us or because you have made changes to your Operating or Network system in a manner not approved by Us; (k) because you have not installed any error correction that We issue for the software or have otherwise not followed Our reasonable instructions or advice.
8. You must ensure that the proper provision of the service by Canon (UK) Limited under this warranty will not directly or indirectly damage your property (including software and data) or otherwise cause you direct or indirect damage or loss and Canon will not be responsible for: (a) checking as to the likelihood of such damage or loss occurring prior to providing or during provision of the service under this warranty; (b) any such damage or loss that may occur.
NB. You should take all reasonable precautions to safeguard your assets and property (including all software and data) and to minimise potential loss or disruption, including, where appropriate, taking full back ups of all your software and data and implementing virus checking controls.
9. Canon's arrangements for providing service provided under this warranty may include the use of sub contractors.
10. Nothing in this warranty shall have the effect of restricting or excluding the liability of Canon in respect of (a) death and personal injury caused by the negligence of Canon, or for fraud; (b) under the Consumer Protection Act 1987 to a person who has suffered damage caused by a defective product or to a dependent or relative of such a person; (c) direct damage to your property caused by the proven negligence of Canon.
11. As far as the law allows, we will not be responsible for the following: (a) loss of income, profits (actual or anticipated), contracts or for any other business related loss; (b) indirect or consequential loss or damage howsoever caused; (c) compensation for loss of images on any recordable media.
12. This warranty is offered subject to these terms and conditions which may change from time to time. You can find the latest version on our website www.canon.co.uk or receive a copy by contacting us directly on the number given in your warranty card. This warranty is in addition to, and does not affect your statutory rights.
13. Canon may disclose your details and other personal information to other companies within the Canon group including any subsidiary company or subcontractor of Canon for the purposes of performing our obligations hereunder.
14. Canon may disclose your details and other personal information to any subsidiary company of Ours for the purpose of market research or direct marketing of other (Canon) products and services. If you do not wish to receive direct marketing information from us please ensure you have marked the appropriate box on the warranty registration form.
15. You must not resell outside the UK any Product supplied by Canon and covered by the Export of Goods (Control) Order 1992 (or any law that replaces it) without obtaining all necessary licenses. You also agree not to sell the Product in the UK if you know or think that the person buying the Product intends to export it without getting the necessary licenses. You agree to impose similar conditions to these on anyone you sell the Product to.
16. These conditions shall in all respect be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Canon (UK) Ltd Warranty Terms and Conditions for Multimedia Projectors
Thank you for purchasing this Canon product. Should you need to use our warranty service on this product, we refer you to the terms and conditions stipulated below.
Standard European Warranty Sytem (EWS) Conditions
Canon and the EWS-members warrant the hardware of this product to be in good working order during the warranty period. In the event that the hardware is found to be defective within the warranty period, hardware repair service will be provided free of charge at the authorized Canon service centre(s) in the countries of membership of EWS.
EWS service free of charge may be obtained only against presentation of this warranty card together with the original invoice/cash ticket issued to the customer by the retailer, and if the warranty card states (a) the purchaser's name, (b) the retailer's name and address, (c) the model name and serial number, if any, of the purchased product and (d) the date of purchase of the product. Canon reserves the right to refuse warranty service if this information is not complete or has been removed or changed after the original purchase of the product by the consumer from the retailer. Canon further reserves the right to replace the defective product with another equivalent product which has quality same as or similar to that of the defective product, instead of repairing the defective product.
1. Warranty period
This warranty is valid for one year from the original purchase date of the new product (three years in case of projectors), as evidenced by the above mentioned documents.
2. To obtain warranty service
Warranty service is available in the authorized Canon service centres. A list of authorized Canon service centres can be found at www.canon.co.uk
Any costs of secure transportation of the product to and from the Canon service centre will be borne by the customer. If the product is brought into a country which is not covered by EWS and which does not accept the warranty card, the product must be returned to the country where it was purchased in order to benefit from the warranty.
Canon and the EWS-members do not warrant the following:
- Periodic check-ups, maintenance and repair or replacement of parts due to normal wear and tear.
- Any software.
- Defects caused by modifications carried out without Canon's approval.
- Costs incurred by Canon service centres in making any adaptations or modifications of a product necessary for country specific technical or safety standards or specifications, or any other costs to adjust the product as a result of any specifications which have changed since the delivery of the product.
- Damage resulting from the fact that a product is not conforming to country specific standards or specifications in another country than the country of purchase.
Warranty repair service is excluded if damage or defects have been caused by:
- Improper use, excessive use, handling or operation of the product as referred to in the users' or operators' manuals and/or relevant user documents, including without limitation, incorrect storage, dropping, excessive shocks, corrosions, dirt, water or sand damages.
- Repairs, modifications or cleaning carried out at a service centre not authorized by Canon.
- Use of spare parts, software or consumables (such as ink, paper, toner or batteries) which are not compatible with the product. Compatibility is ensured if consumables are used which are recommended by Canon.
- Connecting the product to equipment not approved for connection by Canon.
- Inadequate packaging of the product when returning it to the authorized Canon service centre.
- Accidents or disasters or any cause beyond the control of Canon, including but not limited to lightning, water, fire, public disturbances and improper ventilation.
Repair service may be delayed when performed outside of the original country of purchase because the product is not yet sold in that country or sold in a country-specific design. Accordingly, certain spare parts for the product may not be in stock in the country of repair.
It is the responsibility of the customer to backup and save any software files and programs before repair and to restore the same after such repair.
This warranty does not affect the consumer's statutory rights under applicable national legislation in force, nor the consumer's rights against the retailer arising from the sales/purchase contract. In the absence of applicable national legislation, this warranty will be the consumer's sole and exclusive remedy, and neither Canon nor its subsidiaries or other EWS members shall be liable for any incidental or consequential damages for breach of any express or implied warranty of this product.
For full details of the warranty offered in individual countries please contact the relevant EWS member.