As well as producing outstanding colour rendition, Dual DIGIC III processors drive 5 fps continuous shooting for up to 56 Large JPEGs (12 RAW) – unrivalled by any other camera at this resolution. This capacity to shoot such large images uninterrupted is regarded as a big driver in switching studio photographers to the EOS platform.
The EOS-1Ds Mark III inherits the new technology platform introduced earlier this year in the EOS-1D Mark III, including 63-zone exposure metering, 19 cross-type auto focus system, a 3.0” LCD with Live View mode and EOS Integrated Cleaning System. The Highlight Tone Priority function expands dynamic range for more depth and detail in bright areas. The launch is supported with the announcement of Canon’s new ultra wide-angle lens, the EF 14MM f/2.8L II USM.
“Taking image quality and versatility to unprecedented levels, the EOS-1Ds Mark III redefines commercial photography conventions”, saidKarz Suzuki, Head of Canon Professional Services. “The camera will strengthen Canon’s popularity amongst professional studio photographers. Culminating 20 years of EOS development, the EOS-1Ds Mark III represents a definitive moment in our company’s photographic history.”
- 21 Megapixel full frame (35mm) CMOS sensor
- 5 fps continuous shooting for up to 56 frames
- Dual “DIGIC III” processors
- Highlight Tone Priority
- Auto focus system with 19 cross type sensors and 26 focus assist points
- EOS Integrated Cleaning System
- ISO 100-1600 (expandable to L:50 H:3200)
- 3.0” 230K pixel LCD with Live View mode
- Redesigned viewfinder now wider and brighter