1. The promoter is Canon (UK) Ltd of Woodhatch, Reigate, Surrey RH2 8BF. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Participants provide a complete release of Facebook in relation to this competition.
2. All entrants must be UK and Republic of Ireland residents aged 18 or over.
3. Employees of Canon (UK) Ltd, its subsidiary companies, their families, agents and other parties directly involved with this promotion and the sponsorship are not eligible to enter.
4. By entering this competition, all participants are deemed to have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions unless notified otherwise in writing.
5. To enter this competition, email a photo of yourself to CanonFashion@cuk.canon.co.uk for a chance to win a London Fashion Week prize.
6. By submitting images to enter this competition, all entrants are deemed to have granted Canon permission to use their image(s) on Canon owned social media accounts, including Twitter and Facebook.
If entrants do not wish their image(s) to be published on any Canon owned social media account, please include this information at the time of submitting your entry/entries.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
7. To enter this competition, entrants must submit a photograph of themselves demonstrating their ‘new style shot for 2014’ showing the look or fashion they would like to see inspire 2014 collections via email to CanonFashion@cuk.canon.co.uk.
8. All entries must be received between 00:00 on 15 January 2014 and 23:59 on 26 January 2014 (UK time).
9. All valid entries will have a chance to win the prize detailed below.
10. THE ENTRANT’S WARRANTIES
By submitting its entry, the entrant warrants that:
- the entrant is the owner of the proprietary rights in the photograph;
- the photograph and any element appearing in the photograph do not infringe the rights (including intellectual property rights) of any third party;
- in the case where the photograph has been taken in another country than in the United Kingdom, the entrant has complied with the law applicable to such country, including but not limited to any intellectual property and proprietary legal requirements.
- it is the responsibility of the entrant to ensure that the relevant permission has been sought and that copyright is not infringed.
- Canon warrants that it shall act within the scope of the rights granted under these terms and conditions.
- Canon reserves the right to re-post, display, reproduce or publish, or give permission to display reproduce or publish any entry without payment to the author of the photograph.
11. The Prize will consist of
- Travel to London for attendance to London Fashion Week on 15 February 2014 will be arranged and provided up to a maximum value of £300.
- Overnight stay at a hotel for one night in London on 15 February 2014
- One PowerShot G Canon Camera for the winner
- A styling shopping trip by Andy Torres at Topshop on Oxford Street of a value of £200,
- Attendance to House of Holland catwalk show on 15 February 2014 along with backstage access to show
- Food and travel allowance of £50 for one day on 15 February 2014
12. Canon (UK) Ltd reserves the right to publish the name and county of the winner or to publicise any prize giving presentation after the date of the competition. If the winner does not wish such details to be published, they must advise Canon (UK) Ltd at time of being notified that they have won.
13. The Prize is non-transferable and no cash or credit alternatives will be substituted for the prize on offer. In the event that the prize offered is unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control, Canon reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
14. The winner will be selected via the process as detailed in clause 20 below from all received submissions before 23:59 on 26 January 2014.
15. The winner will be announced on the Canon UK Facebook page and Twitter on 4 February 2014.
16. The Powershot G Camera will be delivered to the winner by 14 February 2014.
17. The name of the prize winner can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org from 14 February 2014.
18. The Prize is strictly as stated above and is non-transferable with absolutely no cash, credit or other alternative prize available for substitution of the prize on offer.
19. Any rejected or unclaimed prize may be awarded to other entrants at the absolute and sole discretion of Canon.
20. After the closing date, a shortlist of 10 images will be selected by fashion blogger Andy Torres from StyleScrapbook. The shortlisted images will displayed on Facebook (or any other Canon owned social media account). The shortlisted images will be presented to a panel of 3 judges consisting of three professional fashion photographers. One winner will be selected by the judging panel.
21. The winner will be notified via email on 4 February 2014
22. Multiple entries/images are permitted and more than one image from any one entrant may be chosen for publication but the Prize will be strictly limited to one winner.
23. Incomplete, invalid or inappropriate entries, or entries received after the closing date (23:59 on 23rd January 2014) will not be eligible for publication or any prize.
24. Canon reserves the right to disqualify entries with incomplete details, emails sent by third parties or agents or those containing anything that in Canon’s absolute discretion is considered to be inappropriate or offensive in any way.
25. All images received must capture the entrant who has submitted the image(s). Evidence (photographic or otherwise) may be requested by Canon.
26. By submitting any image, you confirm that you have all rights to the image and that you give Canon the right to publish it on its Facebook and Twitter feed and to use it in connection with this promotion without limitation (this may include future publication in reference to this promotion or a similar promotion) unless the entrant has notified Canon in writing that it does not want their image(s) to be published on any Canon owned social media accounts.
27. No purchase is necessary, it is free to enter this competition and images can be those taken on any device.
RIGHTS & DATA
28. The Promoter is committed to protecting entrants’ privacy. Any personal information supplied by entrants will be used and processed by Canon (UK) Limited or its associated group companies solely for the purpose of administering the competition and for supplying the information to third parties appointed to administer the competition. The personal data provided is held on secure computer and manual files and may be transferred on a secure server outside the EEA.
29. Canon (UK) Ltd reserves the right to void the prizes at any time and change the conditions.
30. Canon (UK) Ltd reserves the right to refuse to honour any entry or to recover the full value of any prize if it considers there has been an abuse or breach of the terms and conditions of this competition.
31. Canon (UK) Ltd shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature howsoever caused, sustained by any participant under this promotion. However, nothing in these rules shall have the effect of excluding or restricting Canon (UK) Ltd’s liability for personal injury or death caused by the proven negligence of its employees or contractors.
32. In the event of a dispute over interpretation or implementation of the rules on any matter related to the competition, the decision of the Directors of Canon (UK) Ltd is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
33. These terms and conditions and any disputes arising out of or in connection with them shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.