Q. When will I receive my cash back payment?
A. Canon will endeavour to issue a cheque or bank transfer within 28 days of receipt of a valid cashback claim, NOT within 28 days from the date of purchase. If there is missing or incorrect information provided with a cashback claim then this will also delay the process as the cheque/bank transfer will be made 28 days after allthe correct information is received. Please note we cannot be held responsible for retailers/sellers who advise customers, incorrectly, that they will receive payment 28 days from the date of purchase.
Q. Why has my cheque been cancelled and do I now have to wait another 28 days to receive my cheque?
A. If the correct name and address details have not been provided correctly by you at the time of submitting your cashback claim, then the cheque will be issued with incorrect details and will not be validated by your bank. In such cases the original cheque will have to be cancelled and a new cheque will have to be issued. This process can take up to 28 days. Please ensure you complete your details correctly when submitting your cashback claim.
Q. What transactions/products are excluded from this cash back?
A. Exclusions are detailed in the Terms and Conditions. In summary, the exclusions include the following:
1. Non-promotional products (see Canon Cashback microsite for a full list of promotional products)
2. Product purchased outside the promotional period
3. Product bought on ebay or through Amazon Marketplace (3rd party, i.e not Amazon directly) Resellers; products purchased from a retailer or e-tailer based outside the UK or Ireland;
4. second-hand, refurbished or reconditioned products, or products which are counterfeit or infringe the intellectual property rights of the Canon group of companies in anyway (for example, including but not limited to parallel or “Information on Grey Goods [PDF, 302 KB]” products)
Q. On the on-line claim form, what do you mean by ‘payment option’?
A. This refers to how prefer to be paid: by cheque or BACs (straight into your bank account) NOT how you originally purchased the product.
Q. Where is the product serial number?
A. To locate the serial number visit the link here and it will show you where it is for your product[s]. Please DO NOT confuse the serial number with the EAN/Barcode
The above photo represents the EAN/Barcode, which usually resides on the side of the product box, this is NOT the product serial number that you are required to submit to validate your claim. The serial number is located on the body of the product itself, to help you find your serial number please consult our guide here
Q. Why can’t I log onto the website with my tracking code?
A. Please note the login is case sensitive so please ensure you type it in exactly (with upper/lower case)
Q. For the following issues when trying to register on-line:
- I’ve been trying to register for some time and it won’t let me
- I keep getting a ‘not authorised’ message
- I’ve tried resubmitting the form but it won’t work.
A. In MOST instances this is down to the device you are trying to access the website from i.e. a mobile/smart phone, apple mac, other device etc. it’s not a fault with the website. You will need to consult the manufacturer of the product you are using for advice in these instances.
If the above frequently asked questions have not answered your query, you can email us on the email address below or if your enquiry is urgent you can call us on the following number 0800 044 3251
If you have any questions about your cashback claim, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org