LONDON, 11 September 2014 – Canon Europe, world leader in imaging solutions, is once more supporting London Fashion Week and Vodafone London Fashion Weekend this September. In its dual roles of both Official Imaging Partner of the British Fashion Council and Official Sponsor of London Fashion Week and Vodafone London Fashion Weekend, Canon has designed a number of initiatives aimed at professional photographers and consumers, including video diaries from influencers and an immersive experience to offer consumers a behind the scenes look into the world of fashion.
© Photography by Catalin Opritescu
To bring all the action to those not able to experience London Fashion Week in person, Canon has teamed up with industry influencers, from photographers to models, who will be documenting their perspective on the week of events. Lifestyle photographer Catalin Opritescu, fashion blogger Andy Torres, SIBLING designers and model Anushka will be sharing photographs and video interviews across Canon social media channels.
During Vodafone London Fashion Weekend, Canon will also be inviting consumers to leave their seats in the audience and step into life as a model with an immersive video experience delivered through Oculus Rift headsets. Using video footage shot on the Canon LEGRIA mini X, Canon will create a 360 degree experience allowing visitors to immerse themselves in the hectic lifestyle of a model during London Fashion Week. A selection of real life models, designers and photographers will be captured in this immersive film experience, making it a true fashion world encounter.
Cyprian da Costa, Brand Communications Director, Canon Europe, Middle East and Africa, commented: “We are proud to be working, once again, with such a wide variety of talented influencers from the fashion industry to support them in sharing the events and experiences of London Fashion Week with followers around the world via social media.”
Some other highlights of Canon’s sponsorship activities during London Fashion Week and Vodafone London Fashion Weekend include:
- Canon Professional Services (CPS) technicians will be on hand at the CPS centre at Somerset House to provide advice and support to accredited professional photographers, including equipment repairs, maintenance services and loans
- Using Canon’s printing facilities, collaboration with the UK fashion brand SIBLING to create a look book focusing on the quirky designs displayed at the SS15 show. The collection will be photographed by fashion photographer Rob Oades
- Blogger Andy Torres from StyleScrapbook.com will be live blogging throughout the week
- The fashionable and limited edition Canon EOS 100D White will be on show for visitors to test out with friends and family
- As part of the ‘Shoot like a Pro’ initiative, students from the Canon Student Network programme will have the opportunity to shoot the catwalk at Vodafone London Fashion Weekend
- Canon-branded buses will transport professional photographers to and from various locations around London for catwalk shows
London Fashion Week (12-16 September) is the biggest event on the British fashion calendar, with over 5,000 visitors at this season’s event. It is followed by Vodafone London Fashion Weekend (18-21 September), London’s largest and most exclusive biannual designer shopping event that is open to the public. Canon is also a Principal Sponsor of Milan Fashion Week and a Key Sponsor of Paris Fashion Week.
For the latest information about Canon and fashion, please see Canon’s Facebook and Twitter pages #canonfashion.