FIND SOMETHING SPECIAL THIS CHRISTMAS
PROMOTER AND PARTICIPANTS
1. The Promoter is Canon (UK) Ltd of Woodhatch, Reigate, Surrey RH2 8BF (“Canon”).
2. All entrants (“Participants”) must be UK residents aged 18 or over.
3. Employees of Canon (UK) Ltd, its subsidiary companies, their families, agents and other parties directly involved with this promotion and the sponsorship are not eligible to enter.
4. By entering this competition, all participants are deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions unless notified otherwise in writing.
5. Simply take part in the photography competition to take pictures of the urban deer set during the event Urban Deer Photo Competition (“Event”) at Truman Brewery, Ely’s Yard, Brick Lane, London E1 6QL on the 20th and 21st November 2014 and fill out a data capture form after participating.
6. No purchase is necessary; it is free to enter this competition. All the images will be taken by the Canon equipment available at the Event.
7. Multiple entries/images are not permitted and only one image from a Participant may be chosen to take part in this Competition.
8. The competition will open at 16.00pm on Thursday 20th November with the closing date at 22.00pm on Friday 21st November 2014. Incomplete, invalid or inappropriate entries, or entries received after the closing date will not be eligible for publication or any prize.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
9. To enter this competition practice photographing the urban deer art on show in the Event courtyard to see how easy it is to take great photos in low light conditions and fill out a data capture form after participating. If you need help any of the Canon Representatives will be happy to assist.
10. All entries must be submitted to a Canon representative at the Event between 16.00pm on Thursday 20th November 2014 and 22.00pm on Friday 21st November 2014 (UK time).
11. There are six prizes available in total. Each prize shall include:
- one day master class workshop with Jamie Hall, a professional wildlife photographer, who created the new Canon branding ‘Come and See’ urban deer images; and
- A Canon EOS100D (White Kit) DSLR camera.
No expenses, including, but not limited to: travel, food or drink for the day will be covered by Canon.
12. The winners must be available to take the master-class on one of the two last weekends in January 2015.
13. The Prize is non-transferable and no cash or credit alternatives will be substituted for the prize on offer. In the event that the prize offered is unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control, Canon reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
14. The six winners will be chosen by selecting three of the winners per each day of the Event. Jamie Hall will select the winners upon his own discretion. The prize winners will be notified of their success on the 12th December 2014.
15. Any rejected or unclaimed prize may be awarded to other entrants at the absolute and sole discretion of Canon.
16. The photo must be original and taken by the Participant;
17. The photo submitted by the Participant must not contain:
i) people, whose faces are featured (can be clearly seen) on the picture; or
ii) works of art;
iii) logos or brand names of other companies ; or
v) anything that may infringe the rights of any third party
18. Canon reserves the right to disqualify incomplete or illegible entries or which do otherwise not meet the above requirements.
19. By submitting images to enter this competition, all entrants are deemed to have granted Canon and the Canon affiliates, their sub-licensees and agents, a EMEA-wide royalty-free assignable exclusive licence (“Licence”) to use, reproduce, and publish (whether in their entirety or in cropped or edited mode) the images for commercial and non-commercial purposes and any related promotional materials for Canon goods or services, whether printed or on the internet, on Canon’s, Canon affiliates’ and third parties’ websites or on social media without limit in time.
20. By submitting its entry
The Participant warrants that:
· the entrant is the sole author of the photograph;
· the entrant is the owner of the proprietary rights in the photograph;
· the photograph and any element appearing in the photograph do not infringe the rights (including intellectual property rights) of any third party;
· in the case where a person or person’s image appears in the photograph, the entrant has obtained written permission from those person(s) for Canon to use their image(s) as described in these terms and conditions; and
· it is the responsibility of the entrant to ensure that the relevant permission has been sought, model release forms have been satisfactorily completed and that copyright is not infringed.
Canon warrants that
· It shall act within the scope of the rights granted under these terms and conditions;
· subject to the clause 19 Canon reserves the right to re-post, display, reproduce or publish, or give permission to display reproduce or publish any entry without payment to the author of the photograph.
21. Canon is committed to protecting entrants’ privacy. Any personal information supplied by entrants will be used and processed by Canon (UK) Limited or its associated group companies solely for the purpose of administering the competition and, if applicable, for marketing purposes – in cases when Participants have opted-in to receive marketing communication from Canon.
22. If Participants do not wish for their contact information to be used for marketing purposes or to enable Canon to contact them in future regarding its promotions, they should NOT check the relevant “opt-in” box when completing the claim form
23. The personal data provided is held securely and may be transferred on a secure server outside the EEA.
24. You will be contacted by Canon for the purposes of administrating the competition or in the event that Canon wishes to discuss any other use of the picture submitted to the competition.
25. Canon reserves the right to publish the name and town of the winner or to publicise any prize giving presentation after the date of the competition. If the winner does not wish such details to be published, they must advise Canon (UK) Ltd at time of being notified that they have won.
26. Canon reserves the right to refuse to honour any entry or to recover the full value of any prize if it considers there has been an abuse or breach of the terms and conditions of this competition.
27. Canon shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature howsoever caused, sustained by any participant under this promotion. However, nothing in these rules shall have the effect of excluding or restricting Canon liability for personal injury or death caused by the proven negligence of its employees or contractors.
28. In the event of a dispute over interpretation or implementation of the rules on any matter related to the competition, the decision of the Directors of Canon is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
29. These terms and conditions and any disputes arising out of or in connection with them shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.