This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Participants provide a complete release of Facebook in relation to this competition.
PROMOTER AND PARTICIPANTS
1. The Promoter is Canon (UK) Ltd of Woodhatch, Reigate, Surrey RH2 8BF (“Canon”).
2. All entrants (“Participants”) must be UK and Republic of Ireland residents aged 18 or over.
3. Employees of Canon (UK) Ltd, its subsidiary companies, their families, agents and other parties directly involved with this promotion and the sponsorship are not eligible to enter.
4. By entering this competition, all participants are deemed to have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions unless notified otherwise in writing.
5. To enter this competition, comment on our Morph ‘caption this photo post’ from 6th January 2015 onhttps://www.facebook.com/CanonUKLtdwith your caption for the photo for a chance to win the Morph figure used in the episode of Morph with Canon.
6. No purchase is necessary; it is free to enter this competition;
7. Multiple entries are permitted;
8. Incomplete, invalid or inappropriate entries, or entries received after the closing date (17:30 on Tuesday 13th January 2015) will not be eligible for publication or any prize;
9. By submitting captions to enter this competition, all entrants are deemed to have granted Canon permission to use their caption on Canon owned social media accounts, including Twitter, Facebook and Google+ and to use it in connection with this promotion without limitation (this may include future publication in reference to this promotion or a similar promotion).
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
10. To enter this competition, entrants must submit via Facebook on the relevant Facebook post by Canon UK Ltd.
11. All entries must be received between 09:00 on Tuesday 6rd January 2015 and 17:30 on Tuesday 13th January 2015 (UK time).
12. The caption submitted by the Participant must not contain:
i) brand names unless Participant can demonstrate that Participant have been granted a licence to have such brand names used and published by Canon under the terms and conditions of the Clause 9 of these Ts and Cs ; or
ii) anything which may be considered obscene, immoral or in any way inappropriate or illegal; or
iii) anything that may infringe the rights of any third party;
13. You also agree to be contacted by Canon for the purposes of administrating the competition or in the event that Canon wishes to discuss any other use of the caption submitted to the competition.
14. Canon reserves the right to disqualify incomplete or illegible entries or which do otherwise not meet the above requirements.
15. By submitting its entry
The Participant warrants that:
- the entrant is the sole author of the photograph;
- the entrant is the owner of the proprietary rights in the photograph;
- the photograph and any element appearing in the photograph do not infringe the rights (including intellectual property rights) of any third party
- in the case where a person or person’s image appears in the photograph, the entrant has obtained written permission from those person(s) for Canon to use their image(s) as described in these terms and conditions; and
- in the case where the photograph has been taken in another country than in the United Kingdom, the entrant has complied with the law applicable to such country, including but not limited to any intellectual property and proprietary legal requirements.
- it is the responsibility of the entrant to ensure that the relevant permission has been sought, model release forms have been satisfactorily completed and that copyright is not infringed.
- it shall act within the scope of the rights granted under these terms and conditions;
- Subject to the clause 9 Canon reserves the right to re-post, display, reproduce or publish, or give permission to display reproduce or publish any entry without payment to the author of the caption.
16. Morph figure used in the Canon and Morph episode, and the cost of shipping to a UK address.
17. Canon (UK) Ltd reserves the right to publish the name and town and county of the winner or to publicise any prize giving presentation after the date of the competition. If the winner does not wish such details to be published, they must advise Canon (UK) Ltd at time of being notified that they have won.
18. The Prize is non-transferable and no cash or credit alternatives will be substituted for the prize on offer. In the event that the prize offered is unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control, Canon reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
19. The prize will be couriered to the winner within 30 days after the winner claims the Prize as described in the clause 25 below.
20. The name of the prize-winner can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org from 13th January 2015.
21. The Prize is strictly as stated above and is non-transferable with absolutely no cash, credit or other alternative prize available for substitution of the prize on offer.
22. Any rejected or unclaimed prize may be awarded to other entrants at the absolute and sole discretion of Canon.
23. The eventual winner will be selected from all submissions received before 17:30 on Tuesday 13th January 2015.
24. After the closing date the winner will be decided based on the best caption for the photo as judged by the jury composed of Canon UK and Aardman (Morph Production Company) employees.
25. The winner will be announced on the Canon UK Facebook page no later than Wednesday 21st January 2015. Canon will hold the prize for a maximum ofsix monthsif no response from the winner.
26. The Promoter is committed to protecting entrants’ privacy. Any personal information supplied by entrants will be used and processed by Canon (UK) Limited or its associated group companies solely for the purpose of administering the competition and for supplying the information to third parties appointed to administer the competition. The personal data provided is held on secure computer and manual files and may be transferred on a secure server outside the EEA.
27. Canon reserves the right to refuse to honour any entry or to recover the full value of any prize if it considers there has been an abuse or breach of the terms and conditions of this competition.
28. Canon shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature howsoever caused, sustained by any participant under this promotion. However, nothing in these rules shall have the effect of excluding or restricting Canon liability for personal injury or death caused by the proven negligence of its employees or contractors.
29. In the event of a dispute over interpretation or implementation of the rules on any matter related to the competition, the decision of the Directors of Canon is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
30. These terms and conditions and any disputes arising out of or in connection with them shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.