Standard Life transforms in-house print operations with the first UK installation of Canon’s Océ VarioPrint i300
LONDON, 11 May 2016 – Canon has announced the first UK sale of its flagship high-speed sheetfed inkjet press – the Océ VarioPrint i300 – to the in-house print and mail facility of Standard Life, a leading investment firm.
Each year, Standard Life’s in-house print and mail facility generates 95 million print images and 10 million mailings, which plays a critical role in supporting the company’s customer communications strategy. The investment in the latest Canon VarioPrint technology, powered by leading document preparation software, PRISMAprepare, means Standard Life will be able to deliver more consistent and engaging customer communication materials across print and online.
Martin Berkley, Head of Business Solutions at Standard Life said: “The Canon Océ VarioPrint i300 allows us to meet the changing and varied demands of our business and provide better solutions internally to cover the differing quality requirements across Standard Life. Adding this new technology to our current capabilities will play a key part in enabling us to provide a more effective and efficient solution in our communications with our customers.”
Craig Nethercott, Commercial Print Group Director, Canon UK, said: “We are excited about the impact that the VarioPrint i300 will have in supporting Standard Life’s customer communication strategy The VarioPrint i300 is the only product on the market that bridges the speed and capacity gap that exists between conventional high-end toner-based cut sheet printers and entry-level continuous-feed inkjet presses. It will greatly improve the capability and efficiency of the in-house print function within Standard Life.”
The Canon Océ VarioPrint i300 high-speed sheetfed inkjet press went into live production at Standard Life’s headquarters in Edinburgh at the end of March.
Notes to Editors
- The new ColorGrip option for Océ VarioPrint i300
- New enhanced ink set for the VarioPrint i300 to deliver outstanding colour gamut on a wide range of media
- New finishing options supporting high-performance booklet-making and perforating, including the BLM600 booklet-making system, combining stitching, folding, spine forming and trimming in a single machine and the Tecnau TC1530 Dynamic Cut Sheet Perforator which dynamically creates horizontal and vertical micro perforations
- Océ TrueProof, a WYSIWYG on-screen prepress proofing system that works like a virtual printer, enhancing and streamlining prepress proofing
- The PRISMAprepare all-in-one document preparation software that streamlines the make-ready process from composition to production