FAQ ID: 8202556400
Release date: 06 March 2015
This section describes how to connect the camera to a computer when importing images to the computer or specifying the camera settings from the computer.
1. Confirm that the camera is not connected to the computer, and then flip out the camera’s monitor and set the camera's power switch to [ON].
For more information on how to use the camera’s monitor, please refer to Using the vari-angle LCD monitor (EOS REBEL T6i / EOS 750D).
2. Press the [MENU] button to display the menu screen.
3. Change the camera's Auto power off settings.
3-1. Press the [ ], [ ] keys to select the [ ] tab.
3-2. Press the [ ], [ ] keys to select [Auto power off], then press [ ].
3-3. Press the [ ], [ ] keys to select [Disable], then press [ ].
4. Press the [MENU] button to turn off the display on the LCD monitor, and then set the camera's power switch to [OFF].
5. Connect the large plug of the supplied interface cable into the USB port of your computer.
For the location and direction of the USB port, refer to the computer's instruction manual.
6. Make the connection to the camera.
With the [ ] mark on the plug facing the front of the camera, connect it to the camera’s [DIGITAL] terminal.
7. Set the camera's power switch to [ON].
8. EOS Utility starts automatically.
If EOS Utility does not start automatically, click the [Start] button, then select [All Programs], [Canon Utilities], and then [EOS Utility].
For information about operations after connecting the camera to the computer, please refer to the camera’s instruction manual.
This completes the process of connecting the camera to the computer.