Canon Network Camera Warranty Terms and Conditions
All Canon Network Cameras intended for and purchased within the European Economic Area (“EEA” – namely EU, Iceland, Lichtenstein, Norway) plus Switzerland, are covered by the Canon Network Camera Warranty. Canon warrants that should the new product be found to be defective within the applicable warranty period, the fault is resolved free of charge (terms & conditions apply).
The Canon Network Camera Warranty is comprised of different service offerings and the offering that is applicable to you is determined by your location; when you purchased the product and the product that you have purchased. The service offerings are as follows:
- •1 Year Return to Base Warranty: Where the product was purchased new within EEA or Switzerland BEFORE the 1 January 2012, or the country is not eligible for 3 year Return-to-Base (RTB) Warranty or 3 year Onsite Exchange Warranty, a ‘1 year Return-to-Base Warranty’ service is valid. The ‘1 year Return-to-Base Warranty’ allows for the return of the product at the customer’s expense, within 1 year from the purchase date (proof of purchase is required), to a Canon authorised service provider for inspection. Where applicable, a Canon authorised service provider will repair or replace the product. Any replacement product can be either new or refurbished. Should the product require repair under the warranty conditions during the first year, the full cost of parts and labour and return shipment will be covered by Canon.
- • 3 Year Return to Base Warranty: Where an applicable product was purchased new within EEA or Switzerland AFTER the 1 January 2012 (or 1 January 2016 for Estonia, Latvia & Lithuania) a ‘3 year Return-to-Base Warranty’ service is valid within eligible countries. The ‘3 year Return-to-Base Warranty’ is offered on the same terms as above but for 3 years from the date of purchase (proof of purchase is required).
- • 3 Year Onsite Exchange Warranty: Within the eligible countries, for applicable new products purchased within EEA or Switzerland AFTER the 1 January 2012 (or 1 January 2016 for Estonia, Latvia & Lithuania) a ‘3 Year Onsite Exchange Warranty’ service is available. Under the ‘3 year Onsite Exchange Warranty’, Canon will provide an exchange product to the end-user or system integrator upon diagnosis of faulty product. Any replacement product can be either new or refurbished. The end-user or system integrator will be responsible for ensuring that the defective network camera is returned to Canon on receipt of the exchange product. In the event that the defective product is not returned or the defect is found to be caused by something not covered by the warranty, Canon reserves the right to recover the exchanged unit and/or the cost from the end-user or system integrator.
For any product outside of the applicable warranty terms or period and for damage or repairs not covered by the warranty, a chargeable repair service is available and can be obtained by returning the product to any Canon authorised Network Camera service provider.
Free of charge Warranty services may only be obtained on presentation of the original invoice/cash ticket/proof of purchase issued to the end user. Canon reserves the right to refuse warranty service if this information is not complete or has been removed or changed after the original purchase of the product by the end user.
- 1. This warranty is valid for one or three years, depending on the date of purchase by the end user and the installed location as described above. For products installed in countries where the 3 year Return-to-Base Warranty or 3 year Onsite Exchange Warranty is not yet available, 1 year Return-to-Base Warranty is applicable.
- 2. This warranty is only valid for Canon Network Camera products intended for and purchased within European Economic Area (“EEA” – namely EU, Iceland, Lichtenstein, Norway) plus Switzerland.
- 3. The relevant warranty service is provided only by a Canon authorised service provider and should be arranged as follows:
- a. Return-to-Base Warranty: The product should be sent to a Canon authorised service provider. Where applicable, a Canon authorised service provider will repair or replace the product. Any replacement product can be either new or refurbished. Should the product require repair under the warranty conditions during the first year, the full cost of parts and labour and return shipment will be covered by Canon.
- b. Onsite Exchange Warranty: The product exchange should be arranged through your systems integrator or directly through your Local Helpdesk (- see Contact Details). Where applicable, a Canon authorised service provider will replace the product. Any replacement product can be either new or refurbished. Should the product require exchange during the warranty period, the full cost of transportation of the replacement unit from & return of the defective unit to a Canon authorised service provider will be borne by Canon.
- 4. For applicable products purchased within the EEA or Switzerland, the 3 year Return-to-base warranty or 3 Year Onsite Exchange Warranty Service is currently available in the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia*, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia*, Lithuania*, Luxemburg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland & United Kingdom.
*Only for Canon Network Camera Products purchased after 1.1.2016
- 5. Within eligible countries only, the following Network Camera products are covered by the 3 year Return-to-base warranty: VB-C300; VB-C500D & VB-C500VD
- 6. Within eligible countries only, the following Network Camera products are covered by the 3 year Onsite Exchange warranty:
VB-C -Series: VB-C60 & VB-C60B
VB-H -Series: VB-H41; VB-H41B; VB-H43; VB-H610D; VB-H610VE; VB-H630D; VB-H630VE; VB-H651V; VB-H651VE; VB-H652LVE; VB-H710F; VB-H730F; VB-H751LE; VB-H760VE & VB-H761LVE
VB-M -Series: VB-M40; VB-M40B; VB-M42; VB-M50B; VB-M600D; VB-M600VE; VB-M620D; VB-M620VE; VB-M640V; VB-M640VE; VB-M641V; VB-M641VE; VB-M700F; VB-M720F; VB-M740E & VB-M741LE
VB-R -Series: VB-R10VE; VB-R11; VB-R11VE; VB-R12VE; VB-R13 & VB-R13VE
VB-S -Series: VB-S30D; VB-S31D; VB-S800D; VB-S805D; VB-S900F & VB-S905F
- 7. Canon’s Network Camera Warranty (whether that be 1 year Return-to-Base; 3 year Return-to-Base or 3 year Onsite Exchange) does not warrant the following:
- - Periodic check-ups, maintenance and repair or replacement of parts due to normal wear and tear
- - Any software.
- - Parts subject to wear (e.g. e.g. PTRZ mechanics in VB-M600VE, VB-M600D, VB-H610VE and VB-H610D or stepper motors and slip rings in VB-R11VE, VB-R10VE and VB-R11) are not covered by this warranty.
- - Defects caused by modifications carried out without Canon’s approval.
- - Costs incurred by Canon service providers in making any adaptations or modifications of a product necessary for country specific technical or safety standards or specifications, or any other costs to adjust the product as a result of any specifications which have changed since the delivery of the product.
- - Damage resulting from the fact that a product is not conforming to country specific standards or specifications in another country than the country of purchase
- 8. Canon’s Network Camera Warranty (whether that be 1 year Return-to-Base; 3 year Return-to-Base or 3 year Onsite Exchange) is excluded if damage or defects have been caused by:
- - Improper use, excessive use, handling or operation of the product as referred to in the users’ or operators’ manuals and/or relevant user documents, including without limitation, incorrect storage, dropping, excessive shocks, corrosions, dirt, water or sand damages.
- - Repairs, modifications or cleaning carried out at a service centre not authorised by Canon.
- - Use of spare parts, software or consumables which are not compatible with the product.
- - Connecting the product to equipment not approved for connection by Canon.
- - Inadequate packaging of the product when returning it to the authorised Canon service centre.
- - Accidents or disasters or any cause beyond the control of Canon, including but not limited to lightning, water, fire, public disturbances and improper ventilation.
- 9. Where the Onsite Exchange Warranty is applicable and a replacement product is confirmed as being required by Canon, we will endeavour to provide the replacement unit ‘next day’. ‘Next day’ means that, wherever possible, the replacement product will be provided either:
- - Next working day if the requirement for a replacement is confirmed by Canon before 11:00am Local Time (excluding weekends & public holidays).
- - Within two working days if the requirement for a replacement is confirmed by Canon after 11:00am Local Time (excluding weekends & public holidays).
- 10. Canon may repair or replace Canon products with new or reconditioned parts or products of equivalent to new performance and reliability. Reconditioned parts or products will only be used if it is permissible to do so under the statutory law of a country where the warranty is applied.
- 11. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to backup and save any software files and programs before repair and to restore the same after such repair.
- 12. Canon assumes no responsibility for any other claims, including, but not limited to, loss of recording media and loss of data etc., not specifically stated in this warranty. When returning the product for warranty service, please pack it very carefully, insure it, enclose the bill of sale, the instructions for repair and (if applicable) a sample of recording media on which the pictures taken by the product are stored. This warranty does not affect the consumer’s statutory rights under applicable national legislation in force, nor the consumer’s rights against the retailer arising from the sales/purchase contract.
- 13. In the absence of any applicable national legislation conferring additional rights, this warranty will be the sole and exclusive remedy and Canon shall not be liable for any incidental or consequential damages for breach of any express or implied warranty of this product.
- 14. All warranties described herein are offered by Canon Europa NV, Bovenkerkerweg 59, Amstelveen 1185XB, The Netherlands and provided through its authorised service facilities.
- 15. Nothing contained herein shall affect any statutory right you may have as applicable under your national laws.