WPS Connection Method
Before we start, there are some conditions that must be met in order to use the WPS push button method:
- Press the [Setup] button (B) on the printer.
- Use the arrow buttons (C) to select [Device settings] and press the [OK] button.
- Use the arrow buttons (C) to select [Wireless LAN setup] and press the [OK] button.
- The printer will now automatically search for access points supporting the WPS feature.
The following message will be displayed on the printer’s screen “Press WPS button of the wireless router about 5 sec. and press [OK] on this printer”
- Press and hold the [WPS] button on your access point for approximately 5 seconds, then release.
For exact instructions on starting WPS on your access point, please refer to its user guide.
- Press the [OK] button on the printer within 2 minutes. Once connected, the following screen will appear. Press the [OK] button to complete the setup.
If another screen appears, please refer to “troubleshooting” in the user guide.
To confirm that your printer is successfully connected to your wireless network, you can print out the network settings of your printer if you wish:
- Make sure that your printer is turned on.
- Load a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper.
- Press the [Setup] button (B) on the printer
- Use the arrow button (C) to select [Device settings] and press the [OK] button.
- Use the arrow button (C) to select [LAN settings] and press the [OK] button.
- Use the arrow button (C) to select [Print LAN details] and press the [OK] button.
The network information page will be printed.
When referring to the printout, check that the “Connection” indicates “Active” and that the SSID -Service Set Identifier (or the name of your wireless network) indicates the correct name of your wireless network.
This concludes the WPS setup procedure.
Please now proceed by installing the software to make the most out of your PIXMA MX494.
If you do not have the installation CD that came with your product, please download the manuals and software.
If the wireless setup is still failing after following this guide, please contact us for further assistance.