This is a commercial end-customer warranty offered by Canon Europa N.V., Bovernkerkerweg 59, 1185 XB, Amstelveen, The Netherlands (“Canon”) to the end-customers, who purchase Canon WG Series products for their own use, but not acting as consumers under the local laws of the country where the WG Series products are purchased.
If you are a consumer, you are not entitled to this warranty, but your consumer's statutory rights under applicable national legislation in force will apply to you.
These Terms and Conditions and the offer herein shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
The service offering is as follows:
• On-Site Warranty
Canon WG series products intended for sale and purchased within the European Economic Area (“EEA” – namely EU, Iceland, Lichtenstein, Norway) plus Switzerland are covered by the Canon European WG series Warranty. Canon warrants that should the new WG series product be found to be defective within the applicable warranty period, the fault is resolved free of charge (terms & conditions apply – see below).
For any product, outside of the applicable warranty terms or period and for damage or repairs not covered by the warranty, a chargeable repair service is available.
This warranty will be your sole and exclusive remedy, and neither Canon nor its subsidiaries or other European WG Series Warranty members shall be liable for any incidental or consequential damages for breach of any express or implied warranty of this product.
Terms and Conditions
Canon warrants the hardware of this WG Series product to be in good working order during the warranty period. In the event that the hardware is found to be defective within the warranty period, an On-Site repair service will be provided, free of charge, within the countries of membership.
This On-Site Warranty applies to Canon WG Series products, intended for and purchased within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) plus Switzerland.
This free of charge service may be obtained only against presentation of the original invoice/cash ticket issued to the end-customer by the seller.
Canon further reserves the right to replace the defective product with another equivalent product which has the same or better quality to the defective product, instead of repairing the defective product.
1. Warranty period
The On-Site Warranty is valid for 1 year from the purchase date of your new Canon WG Series product, as evidenced by the proof of purchase, or 300,000 prints, whichever occurs sooner.
2. To obtain warranty service
On-site Warranty repair service is available by contacting Canon’s helpdesk via phone (On-site warranty contact details).
On-Site Warranty service will be provided in one of the following ways:
• On-Site Repair (via technician)*, which covers all associated labour costs (including call out, travel and repair times) and the cost of all service parts
• Dispatching User Replaceable Parts (via courier), which covers the cost of applicable service parts and associated shipping costs.
*The services under this On-Site Warranty may be carried out by a third party on Canon’s behalf using reasonable skill and care.
This service covers all associated labour costs (including call out, travel and repair times) and the cost of all service parts.
3. Canon WG Series Warranty Members
The Canon WG Series Warranty Members are the countries where the On-Site Warranty service can be redeemed.
Please contact the relevant European WG Series Warranty member if you require any further information relating to this warranty.
This Warranty does not cover the following:
- Any software;
- Parts subject to wear (e.g., panel, external cover) as well as supplies and accessories (e.g., additional paper cassette, plain pedestal etc.) used with this product;
- Defects caused by modifications carried out without Canon's approval
- Costs incurred by Canon in making any adaptations or modifications of a WG Series product necessary for country specific technical or safety standards or specifications, or any other costs to adjust the WG Series product as a result of any specifications which have changed since the delivery of the product;
- Damage resulting from the fact that a WG Series product is not conforming to country specific standards or specifications in another country than the country of purchase. On-Site Warranty repair service is excluded if damage or defects have been caused by:
- Improper use, handling or operation of the WG Series product as referred to in the users' or operators' manuals and/or relevant user documents, including without limitation, incorrect storage, dropping, excessive shocks, corrosions, dirt, water or sand damages;
- Damage caused directly by the use of spare parts, software or consumables (such as Ink tanks, or maintenance cartridge), which are not compatible with the product. Compatibility with your specific Canon WG Series products should be evidenced on the packaging but is assured when using genuine Canon spare parts, software or consumables as these have been tested. You are advised to check compatibility prior to use;
- Connecting the WG Series product to equipment not approved for connection by Canon;
- Accidents or disasters or any cause beyond the control of Canon, including but not limited to lightning, water, fire, public disturbances and improper ventilation.
- Periodic check-ups or other standard WG Series product maintenance; In addition to the foregoing the On-Site Warranty does not include:
- Services and related service parts required due to a faulty installation or network connection of your product if the installation and network connection of your product has not been provided by Canon;
- Work that is needed because of any disconnection and reconnection of the WG Series product, including any preparation necessary for safe transit, other than as provided by Us or on Our behalf;
- Work other than during our standard service hours (9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, excluding Public Holidays).
Please note that for the provision of On-Site Warranty service, it is a prerequisite that your WG Series product is located in a Canon WG Series Warranty Member country. On-Site Warranty service can only be provided subject to you granting the service engineer access to the Product and reasonable support requested in relation thereto.
If you move the product to another country, please check whether the country to which you move your product is a Canon WG Series Warranty Member to make sure Canon offers the On-site warranty in that country.
Repair service may be delayed when performed outside of the original country of purchase where either the WG Series product is not yet sold in that country or is sold in a country-specific design. Accordingly, certain spare parts for the WG Series product may not be in stock in the country of repair. Canon assumes no responsibility for any other claims, including, but not limited to, loss of recording media and loss of data etc., not specifically stated in this warranty.