Canon EOS 1300D CAMERA + 18-55mm IS II LENS FREE PRIZE DRAW
CANON AND PARTICIPANTS
1. The promoter is Canon (UK) Ltd of Woodhatch, Reigate, Surrey RH2 8BF (“Canon”).
2. All entrants (“Participants”) must be UK residents aged 18 or over.
3. Employees of Canon (UK) Ltd, its subsidiary companies, their families, agents and other parties directly involved with this promotion are not eligible to enter.
4. By entering this competition, all participants are deemed to have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions unless notified otherwise in writing by Canon (UK) Ltd.
5. The Higher Education Show is on Tuesday 11th October 2016 at Olympia, Central Level One, Hammersmith Road, Kensington, London W14 8UX.
PRIZE DRAW AND HOW TO PARTICIPATE
6. To participate in this competition for the chance to win a Canon EOS 1300D + 18-55mm IS II Lens (“the Prize”), entrants must complete the data capture form in full to include their name, position, place of work, email address, address and area of specific interest, and then submit the data capture card to a member of staff on the Canon UK stand, number 308, at the Higher Education Show on the Tuesday 11th October 2016 before 16.30.
7. Entries received after the deadline of 16.30 on the Tuesday 11th October 2016 will not be eligible to be entered into this Free Prize Draw. Canon (UK) Limited reserves the right to disqualify incomplete or illegible data capture cards.
8. There will be one winner who will receive 1 x Canon EOS 1300D + 18-55mm IS II Lens.
9. The Prize is non-transferable and no cash or credit alternatives will be substituted for the prize on offer. Canon reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
10. There will be one winner who will be randomly drawn by a Canon (UK) Ltd employee on the Thursday 13th October from all valid entries received throughout the Higher Education Show on the Tuesday 11th October 2016.
11. The winner will be contacted no later than Friday 14th October via the email address submitted on the data capture card in order to obtain delivery details for the prize.
12. If Canon receives no response from the winner within 7 days of attempting to make contact by email, another prize winner will be drawn and the original winner will forfeit their prize.
13. The Prize will be couriered to the winner by Canon (UK) Ltd within 28 days of announcement.
14. The Prize is provided to the winner of the Free Prize Draw in good faith by Canon (UK) Ltd. If a winner is unable to accept the Prize for any reason, Canon (UK) Ltd must be notified as soon as possible.
DATA & PRIVACY
16. Entrants can unsubscribe from Canon marketing communications at any point by selecting the “Unsubscribe” link which features in the header and/or footer of all such emails.
17. The personal data provided is held securely and may be transferred on a secure server outside the EEA.
18. Canon reserves the right to publish the name and town of the winner or to publicise any prize giving presentation after the closing date of the Competition.
19. If Participants do not wish for their contact information to be used for marketing purposes or to enable Canon (UK) Ltd or their associated group of companies to contact them in future regarding similar promotions, they should NOT check the relevant “opt-in” box when completing the data capture card.
20. Canon (UK) Ltd reserves the right to void the Prize at any time and change the conditions.
21. Canon (UK) Ltd reserves the right to refuse to honour any entry or to recover the full value of any prize if it considers there has been an abuse or breach of the terms and conditions of this free prize draw.
22. Canon (UK) Ltd shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature howsoever caused, sustained by any participant under this promotion. However, nothing in these Terms shall have the effect of excluding or restricting Canon (UK) Ltd’s liability for personal injury or death caused by the proven negligence of its employees or contractors.
23. In the event of a dispute over interpretation or implementation of the rules on any matter related to the free prize draw, the decision of the Directors of Canon is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
LAW AND JURISDICTION
24. These terms and conditions and any disputes arising out of or in connection with them shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.