CANON SPECIAL EVENT – COMPETITION
This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with, Instagram. Participants provide a complete release of Instagram in relation to this competition.
PROMOTER AND PARTICIPANTS
1. The Promoter is Canon (UK) Ltd of Woodhatch, Reigate, Surrey RH2 8BF (“Canon”).
2. All entrants (“Participants”) must be UK and Republic of Ireland residents aged 18 or over.
3. Employees of Canon (UK) Ltd, its subsidiary companies, their families, agents and other parties directly involved with this promotion and the sponsorship are not eligible to enter.
4. By entering this competition, all participants are deemed to have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions unless notified otherwise in writing.
5. Win one ticket of entry to Canon’s latest instameet - #CanonEOS30Meet which will be held in London on Wednesday 8th March, 2017.
6. No purchase is necessary, it is free to enter this competition.
7. Multiple entries are NOT permitted and only one entry from any one entrant may be chosen for publication;
8. Incomplete, invalid or inappropriate entries, or entries received after the closing date, Friday 3rd March 2017, will not be eligible for publication or any prize;
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
10. To enter this competition, please comment below the Instagram post published on the 1st March 2017 with the answer to: ‘Which EOS camera have you loved using over the last 30 years?’
11. All entries must be received between 1st March 2017 and the 3rd March 2017, 9am (UK time).
12. You agree to be contacted by Canon for the purposes of administrating the competition.
13. Canon reserves the right to disqualify incomplete or illegible entries or which do otherwise not meet the above requirements.
14. Canon warrants that:
- it shall act within the scope of the rights granted under these terms and conditions.
15. The five winners will receive one ticket to the instameet on 8th March 2017 in Central London.
The event will take place in the evening of the 8th March, and details in regards to exact timings will be sent out a couple of days before the event.
16. Canon (UK) Ltd reserves the right to publish the name and town and county of the winner or to publicise any prize giving presentation after the date of the competition. If the winner does not wish such details to be published, they must advise Canon (UK) Ltd at time of being notified that they have won.
17. The Prize is non-transferable and no cash or credit alternatives will be substituted for the prize on offer. In the event that the prize offered is unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control, Canon reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
18. The prize will be posted to the winner within 30 days after the winner is announced
19. The name of the prize-winner will be published on Instagram within a month of the winner accepting the prize.
20. The Prize is strictly as stated above and is non-transferable with absolutely no cash, credit or other alternative prize available for substitution of the prize on offer.
21. Any rejected or unclaimed prize may be awarded to other entrants at the absolute and sole discretion of Canon.
22. After the closing date a third party agent will select the five winners by Friday 3rd March at 5pm . The winners will all be selected by random by a third party agency.
23. The Promoter is committed to protecting entrants’ privacy. Any personal information supplied by entrants will be used and processed by Canon (UK) Limited or its associated group companies solely for the purpose of administering the competition and for supplying the information to third parties appointed to administer the competition. The personal data provided is held on secure computer and manual files and may be transferred on a secure server outside the EEA.
24. Canon reserves the right to refuse to honour any entry or to recover the full value of any prize if it considers there has been an abuse or breach of the terms and conditions of this competition.
25. Canon shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature howsoever caused, sustained by any participant under this promotion. However, nothing in these rules shall have the effect of excluding or restricting Canon liability for personal injury or death caused by the proven negligence of its employees or contractors.
26. In the event of a dispute over interpretation or implementation of the rules on any matter related to the competition, the decision of the Directors of Canon is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
27. These terms and conditions and any disputes arising out of or in connection with them shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.