Canon UK x Daydreaming Facebook Competition
This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook. Participants provide a complete release of Facebook in relation to this competition.
PROMOTER AND PARTICIPANTS
1. The Promoter is Canon (UK) Ltd of Woodhatch, Reigate, Surrey RH2 8BF (“Canon”).
2. All entrants (“Participants”) must be UK and Republic of Ireland residents aged 18 or over.
3. Employees of Canon (UK) Ltd, its subsidiary companies, their families, agents and other parties directly involved with this promotion and the sponsorship are not eligible to enter.
4. By entering this competition, all participants are deemed to have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions unless notified otherwise in writing.
5. Win one of 25 pairs of tickets to ‘Daydreaming with Stanley Kubrick’ exhibition tickets at Somerset House, London, UK.
6. No purchase is necessary, it is free to enter this competition.
7. Multiple entries are NOT permitted.
8. Incomplete, invalid or inappropriate entries, or entries received after the closing date 18th July 2016, 9am will not be eligible for any prize.
9. If you choose to submit an image to enter this competition with your comment, all entrants are deemed to have granted Canon permission to use their image on Canon owned social media accounts, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Google+ and to use it in connection with this promotion without limitation (this may include future publication in reference to this promotion or a similar promotion).
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
10. To enter this competition, comment below the Facebook competition post (posted on the 13th July) and tell us why you should win the pair of tickets in 20 words or less.
11. All entries must be received between 13th July – 18th July 2016 (9am, UK time).
Canon warrants that:
- it shall act within the scope of the rights granted under these terms and conditions;
12. The overall winner will receive a pair of tickets to ‘Daydreaming by Stanley Kubrick’ at Somerset House (RRP £12.50 per ticket).
13. Canon (UK) Ltd reserves the right to publish the name and town and county of the winner or to publicise any prize giving presentation after the date of the competition. If the winner does not wish such details to be published, they must advise Canon (UK) Ltd at time of being notified that they have won.
14. The Prize is non-transferable and no cash or credit alternatives will be substituted for the prize on offer. In the event that the prize offered is unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control, Canon reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
15. The prize will be posted to the winner within 30 days after the winner is announced
16. The name of the prize winners will be published under the original Facebook post by 30th July.
17. The Prize is strictly as stated above and is non-transferable with absolutely no cash, credit or other alternative prize available for substitution of the prize on offer.
18. Any rejected or unclaimed prize may be awarded to other entrants at the absolute and sole discretion of Canon.
19. After the closing date a Canon Product a third party agency will select the winners by 22nd July, 5pm GMT. The winners will be selected at random.
20. The Promoter is committed to protecting entrants’ privacy. Any personal information supplied by entrants will be used and processed by Canon (UK) Limited or its associated group companies solely for the purpose of administering the competition and for supplying the information to third parties appointed to administer the competition. The personal data provided is held on secure computer and manual files and may be transferred on a secure server outside the EEA.
21. Canon reserves the right to refuse to honour any entry or to recover the full value of any prize if it considers there has been an abuse or breach of the terms and conditions of this competition.
22. Canon shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature howsoever caused, sustained by any participant under this promotion. However, nothing in these rules shall have the effect of excluding or restricting Canon liability for personal injury or death caused by the proven negligence of its employees or contractors.
23. In the event of a dispute over interpretation or implementation of the rules on any matter related to the competition, the decision of the Directors of Canon is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
24. These terms and conditions and any disputes arising out of or in connection with them shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.