Canon Lumiere Facebook Giveaway
This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook. Participants provide a complete release of Facebook in relation to this competition.
PROMOTER AND PARTICIPANTS
1. The Promoter is Canon (UK) Ltd of Woodhatch, Reigate, Surrey RH2 8BF (“Canon”).
2. All entrants (“Participants”) must be UK or Republic of Ireland residents aged 18 or over.
3. Employees of Canon (UK) Ltd, its subsidiary companies, their families, agents and other parties directly involved with this promotion and the sponsorship are not eligible to enter.
4. By entering this competition, all participants are deemed to have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions unless notified otherwise in writing.
5. To celebrate our sponsorship of The Wave at Lumiere London, we’re giving away a Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark III camera. Plus, we’ll give the winner and their plus-one the chance to attend an exclusive one-to-one low light photography tutorial with a Canon Ambassador at Lumiere London (meeting location and date to be confirmed).
6. No purchase is necessary, it is free to enter this competition.
7. Up to five ’entries’ per person are permitted on Facebook;
8. Incomplete, invalid or inappropriate entries, or entries received after the closing date (Thursday 11th January 2018 UK time) will not be eligible for publication or any prize;
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
9. To enter this competition, you need to follow Canon UK on Facebook and comment below the post published on Tuesday 9th January and show and/or tell us why you like to take photos in low light, and what you’d like to learn.
10. All entries must be received between 9th-11th January 2018. The competition will close at 9am on 11th January 2018.
11. If an image is submitted as a part of your entry, the photo must be original and taken by the Participant;
12. The photo submitted by the Participant must not contain:
i) recognisable persons, unless Participant can demonstrate that such persons have granted all the necessary permissions for the footage to be used and published by Canon under the terms and conditions of the Clause 9; or
ii) works of art; unless Participant can demonstrate that Participant have been granted a licence to have such works of art used and published by Canon under the terms and conditions of the Clause 9 of these Ts and Cs or
iii) logos or brand names unless Participant can demonstrate that Participant have been granted a licence to have such logo or brand names used and published by Canon under the terms and conditions of the Clause 9 of these Ts and Cs ; or
iv) image featuring nudity or anything which may be considered obscene, immoral or in any way inappropriate or illegal; or
v) anything that may infringe the rights of any third party;
13. You agree to be contacted by Canon for the purposes of administrating the competition or in the event that Canon wishes to discuss any other use of the photo or quote submitted to the competition.
14. Canon reserves the right to disqualify incomplete or illegible entries or which do otherwise not meet the above requirements.
Canon warrants that:
- it shall act within the scope of the rights granted under these terms and conditions;
15. The winner will receive a PowerShot G1 X Mark III and an exclusive one-to-one low light photography tutorial with a Canon Ambassador at Lumiere London (meeting location and date to be confirmed).
15a. Lumiere takes place 18th-21st January, with a preview on the 17th January. The tutorial will take place on one of these evenings.
16. Canon (UK) Ltd reserves the right to publish the name and town and county of the winner or to publicise any prize giving presentation after the date of the competition. If the winner does not wish such details to be published, they must advise Canon (UK) Ltd at time of being notified that they have won.
17. The Prize is non-transferable and no cash or credit alternatives will be substituted for the prize on offer. In the event that the prize offered is unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control, Canon reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
18. The prize will be posted to the winner within 60 days after the winner is confirmed and announced.
19. The name of the prize winner will be published under the original Facebook post in the comments by 20th February 2018.
20. The Prize is strictly as stated above and is non-transferable with absolutely no cash, credit or other alternative prize available for substitution of the prize on offer.
21. Any rejected or unclaimed prize may be awarded to other entrants at the absolute and sole discretion of Canon.
22. After the closing date a third party agency will select the overall winner by 15th January 2017. The winner will be selected at random. The winner will have three working days to accept the prize, if the winner has not accepted it will go to the next entrant, etc.
23. The Promoter is committed to protecting entrants’ privacy. Any personal information supplied by entrants will be used and processed by Canon (UK) Limited or its associated group companies solely for the purpose of administering the competition and for supplying the information to third parties appointed to administer the competition. The personal data provided is held on secure computer and manual files and may be transferred on a secure server outside the EEA.
24. Canon reserves the right to refuse to honour any entry or to recover the full value of any prize if it considers there has been an abuse or breach of the terms and conditions of this competition.
25. Canon shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature howsoever caused, sustained by any participant under this promotion. However, nothing in these rules shall have the effect of excluding or restricting Canon liability for personal injury or death caused by the proven negligence of its employees or contractors.
26. In the event of a dispute over interpretation or implementation of the rules on any matter related to the competition, the decision of the Directors of Canon is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
27. These terms and conditions and any disputes arising out of or in connection with them shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.