#CANONMEETUP – COMPETITION
This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram. Participants provide a complete release of Instagram in relation to this competition.
PROMOTER AND PARTICIPANTS
1. The Promoter is Canon (UK) Ltd of Woodhatch, Reigate, Surrey RH2 8BF (“Canon”).
2. All entrants (“Participants”) must be UK and Republic of Ireland residents aged 18 or over.
3. Employees of Canon (UK) Ltd, its subsidiary companies, their families, agents and other parties directly involved with this promotion and the sponsorship are not eligible to enter.
4. By entering this competition, all participants are deemed to have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions unless notified otherwise in writing.
5. Win one ticket of entry to Canon’s latest meet up - #CanonMeetUp which will be held in Greenwich, London on the evening of Thursday 2nd August 2018.
6. No purchase is necessary, it is free to enter this competition.
7. Multiple entries are NOT permitted and only one entry from any one entrant may be chosen;
8. Incomplete, invalid or inappropriate entries, or entries received after the closing date, 26th July 2018 at 12pm, will not be eligible for publication or any prize;
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
10. To enter this competition, please comment below the Instagram post published on the 24th July 2018 with the answer to: ‘Why would you like to come along to the meet up?’
11. All entries must be received between 24th July 2018 and the 26th July 2018 before 12pm (UK time). Winners will have to confirm their prize by Monday 30th July (10am). After this time their prize will be forfeited and given to another.
12. You agree to be contacted by Canon for the purposes of administrating the competition.
13. Canon reserves the right to disqualify incomplete or illegible entries or which do otherwise not meet the above requirements.
14. Canonwarrants that:
- it shall act within the scope of the rights granted under these terms and conditions.
15. The ten winners will receive one ticket to the instameet on 2nd August 2018 in Greenwich.
The event will take place in the evening of the 2nd August from 6pm and details in regards to exact timings and starting location in Greenwich will be sent out to the winners of the prize.
16. Canon (UK) Ltd reserves the right to publish the name and town and county of the winner or to publicise any prize giving presentation after the date of the competition. If the winner does not wish such details to be published, they must advise Canon (UK) Ltd at time of being notified that they have won.
17. The Prize is non-transferable and no cash or credit alternatives will be substituted for the prize on offer. In the event that the prize offered is unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control, Canon reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
18. The prize will be awarded by 27th July.
19. The name of the prize-winner will be published on Instagram within a month of the winner accepting the prize under the original post.
20. The Prize is strictly as stated above and is non-transferable with absolutely no cash, credit or other alternative prize available for substitution of the prize on offer.
21. Any rejected or unclaimed prize may be awarded to other entrants at the absolute and sole discretion of Canon.
22. After the closing date a third party agent will select the ten winners on Instagram by 27th July 2018 once the competition has closed. The winners will all be selected by random from this third party agency.
23. The Promoter is committed to protecting entrants’ privacy. Any personal information supplied by entrants will be used and processed by Canon (UK) Limited or its associated group companies solely for the purpose of administering the competition and for supplying the information to third parties appointed to administer the competition. The personal data provided is held on secure computer and manual files and may be transferred on a secure server outside the EEA.
24. Canon reserves the right to refuse to honour any entry or to recover the full value of any prize if it considers there has been an abuse or breach of the terms and conditions of this competition.
25. Canon shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature howsoever caused, sustained by any participant under this promotion. However, nothing in these rules shall have the effect of excluding or restricting Canon liability for personal injury or death caused by the proven negligence of its employees or contractors.
26. In the event of a dispute over interpretation or implementation of the rules on any matter related to the competition, the decision of the Directors of Canon is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
27. These terms and conditions and any disputes arising out of or in connection with them shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.