1. The Promoter is Canon (UK) Ltd of Woodhatch, Reigate, Surrey RH2 8BF.
2. All entrants must be UK and Republic of Ireland residents aged 18 or over.
3. Employees of Canon (UK) Ltd, its subsidiary companies, their families, agents and other parties directly involved with this promotion and the sponsorship are not eligible to enter.
4. By entering this competition, all participants are deemed to have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions unless notified otherwise in writing.
5. To enter this competition, comment on Canon’s Facebook post with your ‘favourite photo taken over the last thirty years’.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
6. To enter this competition, entrants must comment on Canon UK’s Facebook post which relates to the competition with their favourite photo they’ve taken over the last thirty years between 10:00 on Wednesday 21st October 2015 and 08:00 on Thursday 22nd October 2015 (UK time). The photo must have been taken by the participant.
7. All valid entries will have a chance to win one Canon T80 camera.
8. One Canon T80 camera (circa 1985) and the cost of shipping to a UK address. For the avoidance of doubt, no film will be provided.
9. Canon (UK) Ltd reserves the right to publish the name and town and county of the winner or to publicise any prize giving presentation after the date of the competition.
10. The Prize is non-transferable and no cash or credit alternatives will be substituted for the Prize on offer. In the event that the Prize offered is unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control, Canon reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
11. The winner will be selected at random via a third party electronic selection tool. Canon UK will reply to the winner’s entry (as detailed in clause 3 above) alerting them to the fact they have won no later than Monday 26th October 2015. The winner will be asked to send their contact details to Canon via a private message within seven working days of Canon contacting them so that the Prize can be dispatched to them.
12. The Prize will be couriered to the winners who provided their contact details within 30 days from the date when the contact details have been received by Canon.
13. The names of the prize winner will be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org from 28th October 2015.
14. Any rejected or unclaimed Prize may be awarded to other entrants at the absolute and sole discretion of Canon.
15. After the closing date, one name will be selected at random as the winning entry via a third party electronic selection tool from those that have commented on Canon’s Facebook post as detailed in clause 6. Canon will comment on the post of the winner informing them that they have won the Prize before Saturday 26th October 2015. The entrant who has won will be asked to send a private message to Canon on Facebook with their address and contact details so that the Prize can be shipped to them.
16. Multiple entries are not permitted.
17. Incomplete, invalid or inappropriate entries, or entries posted on Canon’s Facebook pages after the closing date (after 08:00 on 22nd October 2015) will not be eligible for publication or any Prize.
RIGHTS & DATA
18. Canon is committed to protecting entrants’ privacy. Any personal information supplied by entrants will be used and processed by Canon (UK) Limited or its associated group companies solely for the purpose of administering the competition and for supplying the information to third parties appointed to administer this competition. The personal data provided is held on secure computer and manual files and may be transferred on a secure server outside the EEA.
19. Canon reserves the right to disqualify entries with incomplete details, entries by third parties or agents or those containing anything that in Canon’s absolute discretion is considered to be inappropriate or offensive in any way.
20. Canon (UK) Ltd reserves the right to refuse to honour any entry or to recover the full value of any prize if it considers there has been an abuse or breach of the terms and conditions of this competition.
21. Canon (UK) Ltd shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature howsoever caused, sustained by any participant under this promotion. However, nothing in these rules shall have the effect of excluding or restricting Canon (UK) Ltd’s liability for personal injury or death caused by the proven negligence of its employees or contractors.
22. In the event of a dispute over interpretation or implementation of the rules on any matter related to the competition, the decision of the Directors of Canon (UK) Ltd is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
23. These terms and conditions and any disputes arising out of or in connection with them shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.