To celebrate our attendance at The Photography Show, we’re asking our fans to submit their favourite photo they’ve taken for the chance to win a pair of tickets to The Photography Show.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Twitter. Participants provide a complete release of Facebook or Twitter in relation to this competition. Entry to this promotion is conditional upon your acceptance of these terms and conditions. Please follow the directions set out below to ensure correct entry to the promotion. Prior to any award of a prize, winners may be required to reconfirm adherence to these terms.
CANON AND PARTICIPANTS
1. The Canon is Canon (UK) Ltd of Woodhatch, Reigate, Surrey RH2 8BF (“Canon”).
2. All entrants (“Participants”) must be UK and Republic of Ireland residents aged 18 or over.
3. Employees of Canon (UK) Ltd, its subsidiary companies, their families, agents and other parties directly involved with this promotion and the sponsorship are not eligible to enter.
4. By entering this competition, all participants are deemed to have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions unless notified otherwise in writing.
PRIZE DRAW AND HOW TO PARTICIPATE
5. The free prize draw will be held on Facebook and Twitter and will be running from Wednesday 24th February to Monday 29th February 12pm GMT.
6. To be entered into the free prize draw to win a pair of tickets to the Photography Show. Entrants must comment on the appropriate competition post on Facebook (published on Wednesday 24th February) or tweet us with #CanonPhotoShow and their photo entry to be entered into the competition.
7. Entries received after the close date will not be eligible to be entered into this Prize Draw. Canon (UK) Limited reserves the right to disqualify incomplete or illegible data capture cards.
8. By submitting your images along with your comment/tweet, you confirm they do not contain:
1. Persons who have not given you the necessary permissions for the photograph to be used and published by Canon under the terms and conditions of the "License to use the Photographs" as mentioned below; or
2.Works of art; unless you can demonstrate that you have been granted a license to have such works of art used and published by Canon under the terms and conditions of the License to use the Photographs mentioned below or
3.Logos or brand names unless you can demonstrate that you have been granted a license to have such logo or brand names used and published by Canon under the terms and conditions of the License to use the Photographs mentioned below; or
4. Images featuring nudity or anything which may be considered obscene, immoral or in any way inappropriate; or
5. Anything that may infringe the rights of any third party;
6. By entering images to the promotion you agree that your images may be displayed on the Canon website and the associated Canon sponsored image gallery. You also agree that Canon can use any image submitted during the Term of the promotion for the purposes of administering or promoting this promotion and any subsequent promotion e.g. via social media
9. Entrants also agree to be contacted by Canon for the purposes of administrating the promotion or in the event that Canon wishes to discuss any other use of images submitted to the promotion.
10. Canon reserves the right to disqualify incomplete or illegible entries or which do otherwise not meet the above requirements.
11. Ten winners will be randomly drawn from all valid entries received throughout the competition period. Five winners will be drawn from Facebook comment entries, and five winners will be drawn from Twitter entries.
12. Each winner will receive a pair of tickets to The Photography Show in Birmingham. One extra lucky winner will also win a pair of tickets to David Bailey’s talk in addition to The Photography Show tickets.
13. The Prize is non-transferable and no cash or credit alternatives will be substituted for the prize on offer. In the event that the prize offered is unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control, Canon reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
14. Using a random number generator, each winner will be selected from all eligible entries and the winner’s name confirmed by Canon UK Ltd. The David Bailey additional prize will also be selected in the same way.
15. Canon will contact the winners by Friday 4th March via their Facebook or Twitter accounts.
16. Even if a participant submits multiple entries across both channels, they can only win one pair of tickets.
17. If Canon receives any rejected or unclaimed prize from the winner within 7 days of attempting to make contact by email, the original announced winner will forfeit their prize.
18. The Prize may be awarded to other entrants at the absolute and sole discretion of Canon.
19. The Prize will be couriered to the winner[s] by Monday 14th March 2016.
20. The Prize is as stated when published.
21. The Prize is provided to the winners of the Free Prize Draw in good faith by the Canon. If a winner is unable to accept the Prize for any reason, the Canon must be notified as soon as possible.
22. Canon is committed to protecting entrants’ privacy. Any personal information supplied by entrants will be used and processed by Canon (UK) Limited or its associated group companies solely for the purpose of administering the free prize draw and for marketing purposes.
23. The personal data provided is held securely and may be transferred on a secure server outside the EEA.
24. You will be contacted by Canon for the purposes of administrating the free prize draw or in the event that Canon wishes to discuss any other use of the information submitted to the free prize draw.
25. Canon reserves the right to publish the name and county of the winner or to publicise any prize giving presentation after the date of the free prize draw.
26. Canon (UK) Ltd reserves the right to void the Prize at any time and change the conditions.
27. Canon (UK) Ltd reserves the right to refuse to honour any entry or to recover the full value of any prize if it considers there has been an abuse or breach of the terms and conditions of this free prize draw.
28. Canon (UK) Ltd shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature howsoever caused, sustained by any participant under this promotion. However, nothing in these Terms shall have the effect of excluding or restricting Canon (UK) Ltd’s liability for personal injury or death caused by the proven negligence of its employees or contractors.
29. In the event of a dispute over interpretation or implementation of the rules on any matter related to the free prize draw, the decision of the Directors of Canon is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
LAW AND JURISDICTION
30. These terms and conditions and any disputes arising out of or in connection with them shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.