Canon 365 Days of Summer The Michalak’s EOS M5 giveaway
This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram. Participants provide a complete release of Instagram in relation to this competition.
PROMOTER AND PARTICIPANTS
1. The Promoter is Canon (UK) Ltd. of Woodhatch, Reigate, Surrey, RH2 8BF (“Promoter”).
2. All entrants (“Participants”) must be UK residents aged 18 or over.
3. Employees of Promoter, its subsidiary companies, their families, agents and other parties directly involved with this promotion and the sponsorship are not eligible to enter.
4. By entering this competition, all participants are deemed to have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions unless notified otherwise in writing.
5. Followers of The Michalaks (@stardak or @magsy24) can enter to win an EOS M5 kit by sharing a memorable picture on Instagram with the story behind it (no more than 50 words) on Instagram including #LiveForTheStory and must also include @CanonUK and either @stardak or @magsy24. The Michalak’s will judge the winner. By entering this competition, participants will automatically be entered into Canon’s 365 Days of Summer competition (see separate T&Cs here). Winning the EOS M5 kit judged by The Michalak’s does not automatically shortlist you for Canon’s 365 Days of Summer competition.
6. No purchase is necessary, it is free to enter this competition
7. Multiple entries/images are permitted and more than one image from any one entrant may be chosen for publication but prizes will be strictly limited to one per person
8. Incomplete, invalid or inappropriate entries, or entries received after the closing date 17.00 (BST) on Friday 2nd June 2017 will not be eligible for publication or any prize;
9. By submitting images to enter this competition, all entrants are deemed to have granted Promoter permission to use their images on Promoter owned social media accounts, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Google+ and to use it in connection with this promotion without limitation (this may include future publication in reference to this promotion or a similar promotion).
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
10. To enter, simply share your most memorable summer picture on Instagram with the story behind it (no more than 50 words) and include #LiveForTheStory and also tagging @CanonUK and either @stardak or @magsy24
11. All entries must be received between 00.01 (BST) on Sunday 28th May 2017 and 17.00 (BST) on Friday 2nd June 2017
12. The photo must be original and taken by the Participant;
13. The photo submitted by the Participant must not contain:
i) recognisable persons, unless Participant can demonstrate that such persons have granted all the necessary permissions for the footage to be used and published by Promoter under the terms and conditions of the Clause 9; or
ii) works of art; unless Participant can demonstrate that Participant have been granted a licence to have such works of art used and published by Promoter under the terms and conditions of the Clause 9 of these Ts and Cs or
iii) logos or brand names unless Participant can demonstrate that Participant have been granted a licence to have such logo or brand names used and published by Promoter under the terms and conditions of the Clause 9 of these Ts and Cs ; or
iv) image featuring nudity or anything which may be considered obscene, immoral or in any way inappropriate or illegal; or
v) anything that may infringe the rights of any third party;
14. You also agree to be contacted by Promoter for the purposes of administrating the competition or in the event that Promoter wishes to discuss any other use of the picture submitted to the competition.
15. Promoter reserves the right to disqualify incomplete or illegible entries or which do otherwise not meet the above requirements.
16. By submitting its entry Participant warrants that:
- Participant is the sole author of the photograph;
- Participant is the owner of the proprietary rights in the photograph;
- the photograph and any element appearing in the photograph do not infringe the rights (including intellectual property rights) of any third party
- in the case where a person or person’s image appears in the photograph, Participant has obtained written permission from those person(s) for Promoter to use their image(s) as described in these terms and conditions; and
- it is the responsibility of Participant to ensure that the relevant permission has been sought, model release forms have been satisfactorily completed and that copyright is not infringed.
Promoter warrants that:
- it shall act within the scope of the rights granted under these terms and conditions;
- Subject to the clause 9 Promoter reserves the right to re-post, display, reproduce or publish, or give permission to display reproduce or publish any entry without payment to the author of the photograph.
17. The overall winner will receive an EOS M5 kit
18. Promoter reserves the right to publish the name and town and county of the winner or to publicise any prize giving presentation after the date of the competition. If the winner does not wish such details to be published, they must advise Promoter at time of being notified that they have won.
19. The Prize is non-transferable and no cash or credit alternatives will be substituted for the prize on offer. In the event that the prize offered is unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control, Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
20. The prize will be posted to the winner within 30 days after the winner is announced.
21. Any rejected or unclaimed prize may be awarded to other entrants at the absolute and sole discretion of Promoter.
24. After the closing date The Michalak’s will select the overall winner by Friday 9th June 2017. Submissions will be judged on a number of elements including storytelling ability, visual appeal, originality and inspirational qualities.
25. Canon (UK) Ltd. is the Data Controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“DPA”) in respect of any personal data supplied by Participants.
27. If Participants do not wish for their contact information to be used for marketing purposes or to enable Canon to contact them in future regarding similar promotions, they should NOT check the relevant “opt-in” box when completing the claim form.
28. The personal data provided is held securely and may be transferred on a secure server outside the EEA.
29. Canon reserves the right to publish the name and county of the winner or to publicise any prize giving presentation after the date of the free prize draw. If the winner does not wish such details to be published, they must advise Canon (UK) Ltd at time of being notified that they have won.
30. Canon reserves the right to refuse to honour any entry or to recover the full value of any prize if it considers there has been an abuse or breach of the terms and conditions of this competition.
31. Promoter shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature howsoever caused, sustained by any participant under this promotion. However, nothing in these rules shall have the effect of excluding or restricting Promoter liability for personal injury or death caused by the proven negligence of its employees or contractors.
32. In the event of a dispute over interpretation or implementation of the rules on any matter related to the competition, the decision of the Directors of Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
33. These terms and conditions and any disputes arising out of or in connection with them shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of United Kingdom and will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the United Kingdom courts.