PROMOTER AND PARTICIPANTS
1. The Promoter is Canon (UK) Ltd of Woodhatch, Reigate, Surrey RH2 8BF (“Canon”).
2. All entrants (“Participants”) must be UK and Republic of Ireland residents aged 18 or over.
3. Employees of Canon (UK) Ltd, its subsidiary companies, their families, agents and other parties directly involved with this promotion and the sponsorship are not eligible to enter.
4. By entering this Prize Draw, all participants are deemed to have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions unless notified otherwise in writing.
THE PRIZE DRAW
5. To enter this Prize Draw, tweet or email a picture of the Canon Summer event at Liverpool ONE. Enter between Saturday 19th July at 10.00am BST and Wednesday 23rd July 12.00pm BST. Tweet @CanonUKandIE including #whateverhappens or email email@example.com . All eligible tweets and emails will be placed into a prize draw and two winners will be selected at random via a third party electronic selection tool and will win a PowerShot SX700 each.
6. No purchase is necessary, it is free to enter this Prize Draw and images can be those taken on any device;
7. Multiple entries/images are permitted and more than one image from any one entrant may be chosen for publication but each of the two prizes will be strictly limited to one person;
8. Incomplete, invalid or inappropriate entries, or entries received after the closing date (Wednesday 23rd July 12.00pm BST) will not be eligible to win;
9. By submitting images to enter this Prize Draw, all entrants are deemed to have granted Canon permission to use their images on Canon owned social media accounts, including Twitter, Facebook and Google+ and to use it in connection with this promotion without limitation (this may include future publication in reference to this promotion or a similar promotion).
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
10. To enter this competition, entrants must submit on Twitter or email a picture of the Canon Summer event at Liverpool ONE. The tweet should include #whateverhappens.
11. All entries must be received between 10:00am (BST) on Saturday 19th July and 12.00pm (BST) on Wednesday 23rd July.
PRIZE DRAW REQUIREMENTS
12. The photo must be original and taken by the Participant;
13. The photo submitted by the Participant must not contain:
i) recognisable persons, unless Participant can demonstrate that such persons have granted all the necessary permissions for the footage to be used and published by Canon under the terms and conditions of the Clause 9; or
ii) works of art; unless Participant can demonstrate that Participant have been granted a licence to have such works of art used and published by Canon under the terms and conditions of the Clause 9 of these Ts and Cs or
iii) logos or brand names unless Participant can demonstrate that Participant have been granted a licence to have such logo or brand names used and published by Canon under the terms and conditions of the Clause 9 of these Ts and Cs ; or
iv) image featuring nudity or anything which may be considered obscene, immoral or in any way inappropriate or illegal; or
v) anything that may infringe the rights of any third party;
14. You also agree to be contacted by Canon for the purposes of administrating the Prize Draw or in the event that Canon wishes to discuss any other use of the picture submitted.
15. Canon reserves the right to disqualify incomplete or illegible entries or which do otherwise not meet the above requirements.
16. By submitting its entry
The Participant warrants that:
- the entrant is the sole author of the photograph;
- the entrant is the owner of the proprietary rights in the photograph;
- the photograph and any element appearing in the photograph do not infringe the rights (including intellectual property rights) of any third party
- in the case where a person or person’s image appears in the photograph, the entrant has obtained written permission from those person(s) for Canon to use their image(s) as described in these terms and conditions; and
Canon warrants that
- it shall act within the scope of the rights granted under these terms and conditions;
- Subject to the clause 9 Canon reserves the right to re-post, display, reproduce or publish, or give permission to display reproduce or publish any entry without payment to the author of the photograph.
17. 2 PowerShot SX700s (one per winner) and the cost of shipping to a UK address.
18. Canon (UK) Ltd reserves the right to publish the name and town and county of the winner or to publicise any prize giving presentation after the date of the competition. If the winner does not wish such details to be published, they must advise Canon (UK) Ltd at time of being notified that they have won.
19. The Prize is non-transferable and no cash or credit alternatives will be substituted for the prize on offer. In the event that the prize offered is unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control, Canon reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
20. The camera will be couriered to the winner within 30 days after the winner claims the Prize as described in the clause 25 below.
21. The name of the prize-winner can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org from 24th July 2014.
22. The Prize is strictly as stated above and is non-transferable with absolutely no cash, credit or other alternative prize available for substitution of the prize on offer.
23. Any rejected or unclaimed prize may be awarded to other entrants at the absolute and sole discretion of Canon.
24. The eventual winner will be drawn at random via a third party electronic selection tool from all submissions received between 11:00am (BST) Saturday 19th July 2014 and 12.00pm (BST) on Wednesday 23rd July 2014.
25. The winners will be announced on the Canon UK Twitter page no later than 28th July 2014 and via a direct message from @CanonUKandIE to the winner’s Twitter accounts. Canon will hold the prize for a maximum of six months if no response from the winner.
26. The Promoter is committed to protecting entrants’ privacy. Any personal information supplied by entrants will be used and processed by Canon (UK) Limited or its associated group companies solely for the purpose of administering the Prize Draw and for supplying the information to third parties appointed to administer the Prize Draw. The personal data provided is held on secure computer and manual files and may be transferred on a secure server outside the EEA.
27. Canon reserves the right to refuse to honour any entry or to recover the full value of any prize if it considers there has been an abuse or breach of the terms and conditions of this Prize Draw.
28. Canon shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature howsoever caused, sustained by any participant under this promotion. However, nothing in these rules shall have the effect of excluding or restricting Canon liability for personal injury or death caused by the proven negligence of its employees or contractors.
29. In the event of a dispute over interpretation or implementation of the rules on any matter related to the Prize Draw, the decision of the Directors of Canon is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
30. These terms and conditions and any disputes arising out of or in connection with them shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.