Canon is recognised by the IDC MarketScape as a leader in worldwide security solutions and services. In this new era of hybrid working, Canon UK partners with leading industry specialists in information security. Their solutions and services help to secure documents and sensitive data through every stage of its lifecycle within an organisation. Secure by design and security-checked to the highest industry standard, all information that is accessed, managed, and processed will be protected. Whatever location employees choose to work from, Canon’s approach ensures information security from the cloud or on-premise solution, to every employee’s device. Canon can help maintain data compliance and protect sensitive data throughout the lifetime of the print and scan infrastructure, from device hardening to secure disposal of devices and removal of physical and digital data from end of life or redundant devices.
Canon’s focus on workplace evolution ensures that consideration of every aspect of information security is a priority. Digitising key business processes through Canon’s range of solutions supports productivity and collaboration, giving IT teams the control required to ensure effective security that will prevent attacks, protect data, and maintain safeguard compliance across the whole organisation.
Quentyn Taylor, Director of Information Security at Canon mentioned “A company’s response to ransomware attacks must be built on a culture of openness. It is important that employees feel comfortable coming forward to share their mistakes and what led to the attack, so companies can quickly mitigate the damage before the issue snowballs out of control. No matter how small an issue, it could be the gateway that allows a hacker to exploit the company for millions again.
The modern IT landscape is increasingly specialised, this means there can sometimes be a lack of communication between IT and security teams. It is important we make a conscious effort to bridge this gap, as any IT problem left long enough turns into a security problem. Lines of communication that are centred around honesty will create a strengthened security posture in response to the vulnerabilities the attack exposed.”
- Industry Recognition – A leader in the IDC MarketScape for print and document security solutions and services as well as in the Quocirca Security landscape.
- Setting Industry Standards – Canon Europe has ISO 27001 and ISO 2702 standard of information security certification.
- A Partner in Security – Canon’s own European security team not only protects Canon, also extends to our customers.
- People at the Centre of Security – A code of conduct around customer data built into Canon terms and conditions of employment. Canon staff receive industry leading training and are individually vetted.
- Secure by Design - Designed with security in mind, all Canon products and services go through process covering all aspects of security and privacy at the design and development phases.