Before connecting the machine to the network, make sure that the computer and router is connected.
Add (connect) the machine to the network.
B: Router, etc.
- Notes on Wired Connection
- The configuration, router functions, setup procedures and security settings of the network device vary depending on your system environment. For details, refer to your
device's instruction manual or contact its manufacturer.
- In an office setup, consult your network administrator.
- If you connect to a network that is not protected with security measures, there is a risk of disclosing data such as your personal information to a third party.
- The machine cannot be used over a wireless and wired connection at the same time.
- If an error message appears or if you have trouble with the network connection, refer to the printed manual: Network Setup Troubleshooting.
Remove the Cap (A), then connect a network device (router, etc.) with an Ethernet cable (B).
Use the or button (C) to display Setup, then touch the right FUNCTION button (D).
Use the or button (E) to select Device settings, then touch the OK button.
Select LAN settings, then touch the OK button.
Select Change wireless/wired, then touch the OK button.
Select Wired LAN active, touch the OK button.
Install the Software (Network Connection)
- To use the machine by connecting it to a computer, software including the drivers needs to be copied (installed) to the computer’s hard disk. The installation process takes about 20 minutes. (The installation time varies depending on the computer environment or the number of application software to be installed.)
- Quit all running applications before installation.
- Log on as the administrator (or a member of the Administrators group).
- Do not switch users during the installation process.
- Internet connection may be required during the installation. Connection fees may apply. Consult the internet service provider.
- It may be necessary to restart your computer during the installation process. Follow the on-screen instructions and do not remove the Setup CD-ROM during restarting. The installation resumes once your computer has restarted.
- If the firewall function of your security software is turned on, a warning message may appear that Canon software is attempting to access the network. If such a warning message appears, set the security software to always allow access.
Easy-WebPrint EX is Web print software that is installed on the computer when installing the supplied software. Internet Explorer 7 or later is required to use this software. An Internet connection is required for installation.
Turn on the computer, then insert the Setup CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive.
If you are using Windows, the setup program starts automatically.
- If the program does not start automatically, double-click the CD-ROM icon in Computer or My Computer.
When the CD-ROM contents appear, double-click MSETUP4.EXE.
2. Windows 7/Windows Vista
Windows XP -> 3
Click Run Msetup4.exe on the AutoPlay screen, then click Yes or Continue on the User Account Control dialog box.
If the User Account Control dialog box reappears in following steps, click Yes or Continue.
Select your place of residence, then click Next.
If the Select Language screen appears, select a language, then click Next.
Select a country or region, then click Next.
Click Easy Install.
The drivers, application software, and on-screen manuals are installed.
- If you want to select particular items to install, click Custom Install.
Select Use the printer on network, then click Next.
Follow any on-screen instructions to proceed with the software installation.
When the Printer Detection screen appears, click Next.
If the Printer Connection screen appears instead of the screen above, the connection method is not correctly selected in 7.
- Click Cancel and start again from 6 , then be sure to select Use the printer on network in 7.
When the Detected Printers List dialog box appears, select Canon MG6100 series, then click Next.
- If the machine is not detected, Check Printer Settings dialog box is displayed. Refer to the printed manual: Network Setup Troubleshooting. Make sure there is no problem, then click Next again on the screen in 8.
When the Setup Completion dialog box appears, click Complete.
Information Follow any on-screen instructions to proceed with the software installation.
- Important Information for the Installation
- Necessary Information for the User Registration
When the serial number is not displayed on the registration screen automatically, input the serial number located inside the machine (as shown in the illustration).
- If the power is on, the Print Head Holder will move when the Scanning Unit (Cover) (A) is opened.
The User Registration screen will only be displayed when Europe, Middle East, Africa
is selected on the Select Your Place of Residence screen.
- If the Extended Survey Program screen appears
If you can agree to Extended Survey Program, click Agree.
If you click Do not agree, the Extended Survey Program will not be installed.
(This has no effect on the machine’s functionality.)
Click Exit to complete the installation.
Solution Menu EX starts.
Remove the Setup CD-ROM and keep it in a safe place.
The buttons displayed on Solution Menu EX may vary depending on the country or region of purchase.
- Installing the XPS Printer Driver
In Windows 7 and Windows Vista SP1 or later, the XPS Printer Driver can be installed additionally. To install, perform from 1 in "Install the Software (Network Connection)". Click Custom Install in 5 then select XPS Printer Driver in the Custom Install screen.
- Using the Machine from Additional Computers
Now that the wired connection of the machine is complete, it can be used from additional computers on the same network.
Install software including the drivers on the computer from which you want to use the machine. Other settings are not required.
To add computers from which to use the machine, go to [ How to perform the wired LAN setup so that other computers can share the same printer (Windows)