Canon strengthens its 3D proposition through strategic partnership with Materialise
United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, 03 May 2016 – Canon Europe, world leader in imaging solutions, today announces a new strategic partnership with Materialise NV (NASDAQ; MTLS), a leading provider of Additive Manufacturing (AM) software solutions and 3D printing services.
Through the arrangement, existing and prospective customers across Europe will have access to Materialise Magics, software specifically designed to efficiently guide users through every step of the AM or 3D printing workflow.
Equipped with a customisable, intuitive user interface, Materialise Magics offers smart, versatile data preparation that enhances a customer’s 3D printing workflow. Underpinned by Canon’s exceptional consultancy and support, customers will benefit from the ability to:
- Import nearly all 3D file formats and native colour information to stay in control of the original data
- Repair and prepare files, as well as correct problems and create watertight data and shortcuts to improve the 3D printing workflow
- Enhance and edit data to take designs to the next level by adding logos, serial numbers and hollow parts, as well as applying textures, and creating lattice structures
- Prepare the build platform, duplicating parts and orient them correctly
- Print better parts, view slices, detect collisions, save platforms and generate useful reports
Chris Blake, Sales & Marketing Director, 3D Printing at Canon Europe says: “The creative and commercial opportunities for 3D Printing are vast and the market continues to evolve and expand. As such, we are always looking for ways to enhance our existing proposition and add more value to our customers. We are therefore excited to partner with Materialise as part of our commitment to provide customers with the best 3D products and solutions, as well as unrivalled services and expertise.”
Lieve Boeykens, Business Line Director 3D Printing Professionals at Materialise, comments: “Materialise is keen to enhance the communication between 3D software and printers to help businesses bring their ideas to life. We are thrilled to partner with a trusted name like Canon and put our software backbone for 3D Printing into the hands of businesses looking to print their boldest creations and innovations.”
Materialise Magics will be available to Canon customers across Europe from 3 May 2016.